or Connect

Posts by vendaga

Quote: Originally Posted by MegBoz Yup, same here. Except those who know me well, like my sister didn't giggle because they know how absurdly stubborn I am! It's such a shame that natural birth is seen this way in the USA. But I think in large part it's just because: 1. Hospitals make it so difficult by ADDING TO women's labor discomfort with - "nothing by mouth" & IV fluids (restrictiong movement) - continuous EFM (also restricting movement) -...
Quote: Originally Posted by Juniperberry I'm still scared because here you are kind of looked down on for wanting to go natural and let your body take care of things. It is so encouraged to be induced to 'help you along' and it is really the norm here to get the epidural. If you don't get it instead of really helping you through it they sort of look at you like.. well, you've dug your own grave, now deal with it. That's why I caved the first time and got...
My birthday is in September around Labor day which actually works out nicely for out door parties, but my favorite holiday is Halloween. One day I was talking about how I wish my birthday was closer to Halloween so that I could have a Halloween birthday party. My step-dad said that just because your birthday is in September doesn't mean you have to celebrate it then. You can celebrate you birthday anytime you want to. So for my 16th birthday we had a Halloween party. So...
I have one called the inappropriate baby book that I love, because most parents don't think of recording that stuff. It's got ones like the first time you peed on someone, when your umbilical cord feel off, who changed your first diaper, the first non-editable thing you ate, etc. Everything else that I wanted to record that I didn't have I just opened a document in MS Word, and type it up with a little heading like You were named after, and what the name means. Then I'll...
Quote: Originally Posted by MegBoz I think I'm just feeling a little mentally slow today, but I still don't get it! When your MIL had her 1st baby, how would anyone have known that even though she took forever to get to 7 cm, she'd deliver fast after that? How would you know with the 1st? Even with the 2nd, labors don't always follow the same pattern, so it's not a given that it will proceed the same way. Even with the 4th, so what if she DIDN'T...
I stopped breastfeeding when my son was 2.5 months old because he would nurse for three house straight and I was loosing my mind, he's now 18 months and I still leak some times. My mom said she leaked off and on for five years after she had me, nothing that ever leaked through to the clothes but still a little leakage.
It's most likely a staff infection, I've had a bunch of them, it's no worry really as long as you go to the doctor get tested to make sure it's not anything else, and get on some anti-biotic, then just make sure it doesn't spread.
I did a lot of research and asked like three different doctors, they all said it's safe after the first trimester, and I dyed my hair at home with home hair dye, but in a well ventilated area. My son is perfectly fine.
I think that's horrible, you should never let your kid see a doctor, nurse, dentist, even a teacher if they refuse to let you go there. It's your legal right. My mom went into the office with me everytime I went to the dentist's until I was about sixteen, same with the doctor. In fact with the doctor she went in with me until I was eighteen for some things. The only time she wasn't allowed in was when I had to have x-rays. I don't think it's normal at all, and I would look...
When I was little I wanted three sets of twins, now I don't exactly want that one baby at a time is enough, but I still want six kids. I love kids and I've always wanted a big family, actually to me a small family is three kids, my husband thinks I'm crazy. He wants no more than three kids and would be happy if we only had our son, and stopped. I want no less than four kids. It's a constant argument. But we have agreed that we'll probably have at least the three kids, and...