or Connect

Posts by karemore

We have back to school excitement! Many of our activities start up again in september. Gymanstics, sunday school, co-op, library program, mom's group....we're excited to get back into a routine. We also love having all our favorite places to ourselves again once the school kids go back. We avoid crowds, so there are some places we don't go all summer. DD loves back to school because we can go to Chuck E Cheese and other indoor play areas again, the mall, and the...
There are more than one. And they sell the teeth they collect? Maybe to dentists? Dd lost her first tooth a couple weeks ago. She got a silver dollar and a personal note from the fairy. But the biggest hit was "pixie" dust left on the window sill. There were little footprints in it. (fingertips) She saved the pixie dust.
I would invite these kids over one day and do something really fun. I'm thinking a messy fun science experiment....once the kids see how much fun you and your son are having at home, they may start to ask their moms to homeschool them.
Is it that she can't stay inside the lines or that she just doesn't care to? DD didn't stay inside the lines until she was closer to 5. I didn't make a big deal out of it. When other kids started to say she was scribbling, then she decided to stay in the lines. Do you notice any other issues with her fine motor skills? If not I wouldn't worry about it. When she needs or wants to, she'll start staying in the lines.
We're starting first. We are very relaxed and frugal. The last of DD's friends are starting K this fall so I've been focusing on our schedule of outside activities more than what we are going to cover in "class". So far we have sunday school, gymnastics on mon, playgroup on tues, homeschool co-op field trips on wed, library storytime on thurs, and homeschool 4-H environment group every other friday. I still need to find a Daisy troop that will fit into our...
We started off the same way! Our "classroom" is in the finished basement and we didn't use it much all summer other than to dump all the new stuff I found at yard sales and booksales. I spent a few days organizing, and DD sat on the floor and played with everything. I think it made it easier to get started with a little more seatwork and stuctured activities. Today we spent 4 hours in "class". I had the same thought about the winter months! I hope someone will...
Our library has an older copy. I remember many of the links not working.
We aren't required to use a name, but our street name-Academy sounds great so we chose that.
My DD is 5 and is wearing a size 1. Land's End clearance shoes are a great deal for more age appropriate shoes in larger sizes. Sign up on their email list for free shipping. I think most Sears stores have a Lands End department, but the online selection is better. I also found her some Champion sneakers at Payless last month for $7!!! After paying $60 for the last pair of velcro sneakers we decide she needed to learn to tie laces! I think you just have to...
I didn't think ours had a limit so I just checked. We do not have a limit. What I also learned is that I can request titles outside our library system. Our library system has 70 libraries so I can't imagine what I would need from an outside library, but it's good to know. One smaller library in the system has a big sign that says limit 2 books per topic per family. I assume they were having a problem. They are also among the crabbiest of local librarians so we...