or Connect

Posts by karemore

I would be very concerned too. It's coming from somewhere, it may be something that happened or was said to him in school, or something he has seen or been told that you aren't aware of. Could he have be exposed to someone on tv while at a friend or relative's house? When he's calm is the best time to approach him and try to get him talking. He may be afraid he'll get in trouble if he watched something he wasn't supposed to, for instance so it may be hard to get...
It bothers me! My daughter is 3 1/2. I ignored it for awhile, but finally decided I had enough. I very calmly explained to her that she's a big girl now and has more interesting things to talk about than poop and pee. I gave her several examples of more interesting things she could talk about. I told her she's welcome to talk about poop and pee all she wants when she's sitting on the toilet. So far it's working beautifully. The first day or two she did...
My daughter is 3 1/2, now I wish I kept better records but she was not a good sleeper! I nursed her until she was 2, but she was sleeping through the night by 18 months, sleeping with me. Around 2, 2 1/2 she moved into her own big girl bed, it was perfectly natural, part of her move towards independence. She still sleeps with me when she's sick, on vacation, during any changes.. but for the most part she sleeps soundly and well despite frequent night feedings as an...
I know it's hard! My daughter started sleeping better around 18 months. With her it was reflux keeping her from sleeping well and teething. I noticed that whenever she was between teeth, she would sleep much better, but as soon as that next tooth started working she was up more again. Once she hit two and those molars were in we were fine, she sleeps through the night almost every night. There's no harm in trying her in her own room to see if it helps. What worked...
It IS completely different when they sleep! My daughter didn't sleep until she was about 18 months. Then it was only if she slept with me and could reach out and touch me. Then she'd go back to sleep. Her big problem as an infant was reflux. She did sleep best in her baby carrier or her bouncy seat. Upright she was more comfortable and slept longer. I did nurse her to sleep as well, it was the quickest way to get her back to sleep during the night. She's almost 3 ...
We do whatever works best for everyone on any given night. When our daughter was an infant I slept many nights in the nursery. When she was a toddler, I moved her into the "big" bed and Dh moved to the nursery many nights. Some nights we all sleep in the big bed, but DD is a very active sleeper and we end getting kicked a lot. Now that she's a preschooler she sleeps in her own bed most nights. She has no trouble falling asleep, or putting herself back to sleep if...
I wish I had found this place sooner too. My daughter is 3. I have always felt that I was mothering to the beat of my own drummer in all our local mom groups/playgroups. I'm excited to find a place where other moms share some of our values.
My first name is Karen and my maiden name was More...karemore. I've been married almost 5 years, but I still use karemore.