or Connect

Posts by karemore

I was an insurance agent for ten years, so I always follow the traffic laws. You are correct that you would be held accountable if an accident occurs. I tick the "nice" drivers off by waiting too. Funny how nasty they sometimes turn out to be when you don't do what they want though.....
It's great isn't it?! I bought books at some yard sales today too. I need more bookshelves now though...maybe I'll find those at another yard sale...
Did they send a urine sample to the lab? We have to wait several days here for conclusive test results. The initial test in the Dr office doesn't tell them much. Has your daughter been constipated? If she isn't pooping regularly, or if she's backed up it effects the bladder. We paid $500 for an ultrasound to find out our daughter was constipated. She was pooping every day, but it was small amounts, she wasn't getting cleared out. So the pressure on her bladder made...
Sticks are sharp objects. If she's not allowed to do it with a knife or scissors, she's not allowed to do it with sticks. So that does include running and it would include riding a bike. I think safety issues are different than other issues with a partner. I think you should keep discussing it until you can come to an agreement you are both comfortable with. With non safety issues you can agree to disagree, but in a case like this I think you need to find a...
Of course it's OK to turn down a party invitation. It's not fair to the other parents or the birthday child to risk your daughter getting sick on the way to the party.
"What's worse it makes me MORE hyper vigilant at home! We can't enjoy a reasonable treat from time to time in our own house because every time we set foot out the door it is JUNK! " That drives me nuts too! I feel like I can't buy my own daughter a small valentine candy, or a chocolate easter bunny because she gets SO MUCH JUNK from both sides of our family and every event we attend. I am thinking about pulling my daughter out of Sunday school because of all the...
We first decided to homeschool because we live in a beautiful neighborhood that happens to be in a horrible school district. I researched the private school options and finally decided to consider homeschooling. Once I started reading about all the benefits of home education I was sold. (It was DHs idea, he was already on board) For us, it was easier not to send DD to preschool. She's fully on board with homeschooling because we've been doing it and talking about it...
We don't have any kids in our neighborhood, DD is an only child and has no cousins. I joined a playgroup through meetup.com before DD turned 2. I ended up branching off into a smaller group that we still get together with weekly (she just turned 5). Church is important for us both. We go twice a month to a mom's lunch, and DD goes into the playroom with a childcare worker and other kids. The other kids are also in her sunday school class and we see them at various...
DD (almost 5) was chatting with the clerk at the post office when I realized the lady only gave us 4 postcard stamps and I had asked for 8. DD immediately says "we"ll need 4 more." The lady says "wow, you're smart." Instead of saying thank you, DD says "I'm homeschooled" as if that explained it all. It was very cute.
I wouldn't know how to stay attached to my daughter if I didn't play with her. I feel the time I spend playing with her now is an investment in our relationship. I think playing with her validates her. When I get down on the floor with her and let her bring me into her world, I'm sending a clear message that she matters to me, that what she's doing is important and interesting. That doesn't mean I'm her constant playmate. If we're at the playground with friends,...