or Connect

Posts by sleeveless

Firqueen,   First of all, I would listen to some of these posters and keep quiet about your children's vaccine status. It's no one's business but your own.   I feel helpless when I talk with parents of autistic kids, and see them hauling their kids off to be vaccinated, and then off to various therapies. I used to try to offer my opinion, but now I keep my mouth shut. Parents do not want to be enlightened. They want assurance that what they are doing is the right...
Sorry Cynthia. I wrote that post a long time ago. I believe I was incensed by Marinlea's post, which rehashed all the pro-vaccine arguments most posters on this forum have heard ad infinitum. We post here because we are tired of being criticized for our decisions, which are personal and pertain to our children only. I also believe Marinlea posted information about the severity of diseases preventable by vaccines that was incorrect. I believe she exaggerated the dangers...
I'd keep your child home. During the last flu crisis (can't remember the name and it was only two years ago!), the local health dept. came into our school and tried to vaccinate all the kids. I kept mine home from school. I thought the whole thing was sick. Turned out to be nothing, and all those kids were vaxed for nothing. I hope they don't discover some nasty long-term effects of that not very well tested vaccine! Ugh, indeed.
I totally agree with UpToSomeGood. The anti-vaccine people shoot themselves in the foot with their weird theories mixed in with valid objections to scientific studies of vaccines.   NaturalNews is one example. Today I was reading some very good points on the Natural News website about the new IOM report on vaccine adverse reactions, and then the writer added some weird theories about the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation using vaccines to control populations in...
  A few years back, we dealt with this issue. A family member did a LOT of research at the library on Medline and other medical journals available only there. The bottom line was that there were (at that time) only two original studies on Palivizumab, or Synagis, both funded by the company that manufactures and makes billions of dollars from worldwide distribution of the vaccine. The number of babies in each study was alarmingly small (like 600 in one study, and 350 in...
Thank you for this very thoughtful post. I am just about to go see the doctor for my child's physical and anticipate an uncomfortable question about vaxes. I really like this doctor, so it's always difficult to get to this point where I have to say, no, no, NO, politely. It helps to keep in mind the many ways in which my doctor, a very intelligent person, has been brainwashed by medical training and the medical establishment, to which my doctor is very firmly attached....
We use it almost every day. My son likes pancakes and waffles, so we use it to grease the pan. I use it in stir fries sometimes, but I don't like the coconut taste with many vegetables. I use it instead of butter in cakes, cookies and pastry. It melts very quickly, so you have to keep it in the fridge in summer so it stays solid. I don't think it would work in salad dressing because it solidifies too quickly when cold. It's very healthy - kills yeast and bad bacteria,...
no experience with preschools, but our public and private schools and camps have all taken the exemption, no questions asked. some may object, but i wouldn't stress out about it. i'm sure they've seen it before.
I totally stressed out about this, but in the end, I checked the box, signed the form, and handed it to the school nurse with a smile. I got a bewildered look, and then a couple questions, but I smiled back, pointed at the form with my signature on it, and said, "That's it!" brightly. It will be OK, just be nice, and don't answer any questions -- because you don't have to!
We see Dr. Morgan-Cooper in the city. She's not hugely crunchy, but she's a good doctor and I feel comfortable with her. She's very conscientious and spends a lot of time with us. My child has asthma, and she answers all my questions. She takes everything I say seriously and listens very well. We switched from an unsatisfactory doctor who sounded like yours -- all "give it time" and ignoring serious symptoms, so Dr. Morgan-Cooper felt like a breath of fresh air to us.