or Connect

Posts by flyingspaghettimama

My daughter is seven and highly sensitive to most movies (she just watched Star Wars in the past six months, for the first time), but she LOVED Pokemon. I was hesitant, because it seems like so many teachers hate it, but she liked it - and her father watched it with her and he agreed it wasn't very violent compared to other kids' movies. Pokemon card trading is banned at her school, for some stupid reason or another. I think because the teachers hate boys and anything...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay'smom That was too funny! The only problem is that I have a cat named Yeti who now needs a new name since she will now forever remind me of your yeti yoni. I am so glad that when you look at your pussycat, you will think of me and my glorious womanhood. Everyone should be so lucky. You should keep her name exactly as-is.
Quote: Originally Posted by Terabith My dd is two TODAY and while not sarcastic (yet), she can be very demanding and rude in her speech. "I want juice RIGHT NOW," said with hands on hips. Right now is one of her favorite expressions. I find it really annoying and I try to redirect her to ask more politely, but partially because of her age I don't treat it as as rude as it would be if she were older, kwim? (Frequently when I redirect her she'll reply,...
Um, my child delivered his own placenta. 80FT, you're just jealous.
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Okay, so I finally got to read FSM's birthstory, and I think it proves my point. She's clearly writing to an audience and not just writing for herself and allowing an audience to read over her shoulder. I have no idea what you're talking about. I always write like that, especially when it's for myself. You should check out my to-do list sometime. The New Yorker is beating down the door for my...
I have no idea what the OP is talking about, because I wrote the MOST HILARIOUS birth story EVER! http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=433339 Bwa ha ha.
Quote: Originally Posted by thehappyhippo We attempt to hide our smiles and surprise as much as possible (almost all rude things are somewhat cute coming from a 2 year old) and redirect her words/statement into a less rude/condescending one. Even thought it may be funny now or that she doesn't realize that what she says is rude I realize that I am helping her to lay the foundation of how she will talk to others. That's the truth. I've taught at...
Quote: Originally Posted by miasandhadleysmom What kills me is everytime I turn around there is some new report on obesity and how all of these kids in America are so unhealthy and yet they have them sitting inside for 6+ hours a day and then want them to come home and do homework which requires more sitting. I shouldn't complain though because next they are going to invent some sort of horrible leapfrog treadmill/homework thing that schools are going...
Another idea: Read "The Myth Of Laziness" by Mel Levine.
Yeah, you might dig through the archives a bit. Many of us didn't like it, others found some info that's helpful, but in essence, it's controversial.