or Connect

Posts by flyingspaghettimama

Here are two articles I've read on the two approaches: http://ecrp.uiuc.edu/v4n1/edwards.html http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...01/ai_n9224558 I'm pretty impressed with RE, myself, and find it closer in spirit to Montessori than Waldorf, although it's obviously very different in practice.
Quote: Originally Posted by Christel I have observed a subtle, but I suspect very importance, difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated children, a difference you can see just by looking them directly in the eyes. When meeting a stranger, the unvaccinated children age one to two typically have the ability to meet the stranger's gaze, eye to eye, in a steady, open fashion that is so different from the way most kids react that it is startling. To...
Well, I guess - would you have a problem if they wanted to choose clothes out of the JC Penney's or Hanna Andersen catalog? I think clothing styles are nothing but a costume. The pleasantly conservative shirts and pants at JC Penney, created by Some Guy in the marketing department. They will look as ridiculous to us in 10 years as the late 80s fashions might now (acid wash jeans, HELLO!). Who cares if they want to wear fishnets or polo shirts? Who does it hurt? If they...
Oh your kid could go to Goth School! Get him a little Danny Elfman film club membership, a little Siouxsie and the Banshees and Bauhaus via YouTube, some late 19th c. poetry about hobgoblins...
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyMarmalade Yes, we're having some fantastic discussions over there, and have been for weeks. I know. They are interesting.
Oh Dechen, you slay me. Please stop now.
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyMarmalade Support only? Have you even seen some of the things which were said in there? The mods deleted them, but there's a very good reason a lot of us refuse to post in there. Yeah, and sometimes members come into the EC board and tell us it's nutty to "toilet train" infants. I don't let it stop me from posting. Report it to a mod, it will be removed. Once again, this is an internet message board. It's not...
Snakes on a plane! This thread has suddenly taken a turn for the worse. I'm jettin'...
um. I think he sounds pretty cool. If he hangs out at skate parks (?) he's probably just picking up on the style there. My daughter (6) wants to grow her hair out and get dreadlocks - like the White Witch in Narnia - so there you go. Manic Panic washes out after like, 20 washes as I recall, earlier if you have darker hair. He sounds like a fun kid! I think if he were locking himself in his room, moping, saying no one could feel his pain, listening to Front242, and...
I hear that you feel defensive and personally attacked. I'm really not sure that just because some parents have vastly different experiences with their own gifted education and their child's labelling, and the effects of labelling in general on the school systems (i.e. on all children), that we mean to be attacking you personally. Some people might feel that the valorization of high IQ is an racist, classist phenomenon and feel personally offended, too. But I think we can...