or Connect

Posts by sara24bella

Quote: Originally Posted by DimitraDaisy Would you care to explain this to me? Because in our school, and in many others, children go to Class 1 in September if they have turned 6 by June 30th -- clearly that can't be the case at your school, but I can't imagine what is. Are you hoping for your son to go to Class 1 next September, when he'll be five a half? What is your school's cut-off date? Here, children will go to Class 1 in September if...
Bumping this up in hopes of a reply. Are children really never held back or advanced in waldorf schools? We have to send a letter to them this week which is why Im so anxious to hear some expert opinions. Thanks.
My son will be 5 in the beginning of January. At his school, the preK/Kindy classes are all mixed ages. He has always been a bit "mature" for his age, and when we started at the Waldorf school last winter, it was evident that he was a lot more mature than the other kids in his class level. Since the classes are all mixed ages, we asked the school if he could skip the middle year, and be considered K this year. They said we had to have him tested by a psychologist (which is...
Could you look up Valentines Day party games and modify them? Or modify other games? For instance, the game where kids have to say what they're bringing on a picnic, and they have to remember what everyone else before them brought? You could do the same with names and what they love, and each child has to remember all of the other kids names AND what they love. You could get one of those suction cup archery sets, and paint the targets red with hearts and turn it into a...
Wow, after reading about 25 pages on just the FIRSt Thyroid thread, I have to admit I'm a bit overwhelmed. Like I mentioned, it just dawned on me recently that there may be some correlation- I haven't really monitored at all my TCH levels, etc. I get the tests done every 6 m, more often when I was pregnant, and thats all. I actually didn't know about taking the Levothyrox one hour before eating- I do take it at the same time every day (the AM) but I sort of pop it down...
I was diagnosed about 6 yrs ago, and have been taking the Levothyrox for that time. To tell you the truth, I really didn't put the way I was feeling together with my Hashimoto's until recently, so I never questioned whether it could be that treatment. I'm about to do a search on past threads. Thanks!
I suffer from varying symptoms due to my Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, including extreme moodiness, lack of sleep, fatigue, and irritability. I've spoken to my doctor (who I really like and have gone to for years) many times, and she's tried modifying my Levothyrox, plus I've tried exercising, eating better, yoga, Evening Primrose Oil, Bachs Rescue Remedy, Lavender, etc. I just seem to be getting more and more irritable, and lashing out at the children all of the time....
You all have given me lots to think about- wow! I'm going to follow his lead and see where he takes us...Thanks again,
I guess also I really want to spare him the frustration of not being taught to read for another 2 or 3 years at school...I've read tons of past posts about kids who are bored with sitting in Class 1 waiting for the other kids to catch up. I didn't want him to have to deal with that...but I really feel I should appeal with his natural curiosity...
Quote: Originally Posted by PrincessDoll IIf you feel badly not at least heading towards the world of reading, I would recommend you finding the natural letters in your world. The "s" in the snake or the swimmer's body....the 'm' shape in the mountains, etc. Allow your son to notice the shapes of letters in his world around him and encourage him to draw these shapes. Focus on the stories that surround the world of letters. Allow the stories to come...