or Connect

Posts by sara24bella

My children started at a Waldorf school this past winter, and really seem to be doing well (they were at the lodal public school before then...) Last night, my youngest son (who's 4) shocked us ALL by reading!! We were reading a bedtime story- one that they haven't heard in a while, and I put the book down for a sec and he picked it up and sounded out 3 words!!! We were all completely shocked (I still am!!) He's never acted like he was particularly interested in reading....
I posted the same question a few weeks back. Whats going on? why are all 6 - 8 yr old boys SO into Star Wars? Like you, its driving me batty! I've been trying to find a happy medium for my son, because he's the new boy in school (a waldorf school, but he's starting in class 2 where the other kids have been together for a year already...) and he wants to fit in. Our kids do watch TV, but only dvds that we've screened, etc- no commercial tv, and only on the weekends. Like...
I always have the kids help decorate cupcakes in the theme of the party, and put those in a fun bag and pass them at the end of the party.
Does anyone have any pictures of older buys rooms? My son is 7 and we need to paint his room. I'd like to take this time to change his room and wanted to incorporate some Waldorf elements. We're new to Waldorf, so I don't think it would be natural to suddenly drape his walls in rainbow silks and put up a nature table, but would like to do something with the decor. Any ideas? Oh, also- is it possible to decorate a childs room and cater to their temperament, either in color...
Does anyone know if plans for this style of dollhouse: http://www.willowtoys.com/catalog.ph...3Fcategory%3D2 esist anywhere? Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by CariS Your son will do beautifully and you have the opportunity to embrace nerdiness this time around! : Thank you for this. A big part of what was said is true- I am projecting what happened to me onto him, but I also see him struggling to fit in and it breaks my heart. I will try to find more kids who are into the things he likes- even though its kind of hard because of the way after-school programs are run...
but he DOES need to put on a social mask- and no matter how much I love and accept him for who he is, and no matter how horrible I think it is, I am afraid that he will be exposed to the same hurt that I was as a child. My parents always taught us to believe in who we were, to embrace our differences, etc, but had no idea how much I was bullied and humiliated at school. Theres a big part of me now who feels that if my parents DID pay attention more to how the other kids...
This is completely my hangup, I know it and I really need help dealing with it. Growing up, I was a 100% nerd, and suffered for years because of it. My junior high through high school years were horrible. I was targeted and teased pretty much every day for years- I was homely and a dork and didn't relate at all with the other kids. I read at a very early age, and was happiest with books and just never seemed to "fit in". In high school, I stereotypically turned to punk...
Excellent ideas. Thank you!!!
Any ideas for my 7 and 4 yr olds and a 14 hour flight? I do not travel well (terrified of flying) so I'm going to need something a bit "stronger" than some playsilks and a couple of Kapla Any suggestions? Thanks!