or Connect

Posts by sara24bella

Quote: Originally Posted by tinyactsofcharity Natural Life is a great one. It's tag line is "Green Living, Natural Parenting, Life Learning" I like it a lot. Hey! I had never hear of this or Kiwi before...This might just be what I was looking for. Now to see if they deliver overseas...Thanks!!
Quote: Originally Posted by zinemama Wondertime unfortunately has ceased publication. Oh no! I had a few issues of that mag and really liked it...
My children are now 4 and 7, and I'd like to find a magazine like Mothering, but which isn't as heavy on pregnancy and early childcare. I live overseas and have friends bring me issues when the come to visit, but I find myself flipping through all of the co-sleeping and breastfeeding articles looking for information on school age children. Does a natural living family magazine exist, either in the US or UK, that is geared more towards older, school age kids?
Today my son (7 yrs) came home with a stick in his pocket that he said he wanted to use for a "blaster". He knows that we don't allow gun play in our home, especially since he has a 4 yr old sister. I told him that, and then immediately felt bad because he put it on a shelf and just walked away. I feel like I squelched his creativity or something, but I really don't want him to get started on "blasters" b/c I know it won't end there... I didn't say it angrily, but I was in...
Thanks so much for all of your advice. I think the main problem is that he is hanging out with this other boy, and ALL they do is spend free time together talking about Star Wars Clone Wars and Fantastic Four. I plan to put a lot of your advice to use this week, but I can't control what he does at school. He was on vacation for two weeks, and during that time, I led him onto other things. we finsihed reading Harry Potter, he likes magical creatures and Spiderwick a lot, so...
My children started at a Waldorf school at the beginning of December, and since then I have been slowly trying to direct both of them towards a simpler, more "Waldorf" approach to play. My son, who is 7, has always obsessed with things since he was tiny- his first obsession was fish, then dinosaurs, now it is Superheros (and Star Wars). He loves to draw, and draws very detailed, very graphic, and sometimes violent pictures of superhero scenes. This was one of the many,...
Our children started in a Waldorf school in the beginning of December. My oldest is 7, and has really taken to the new school (they were in a local public school before), My youngest is having a lot of difficulties, though. She seems completely lost and unhappy. She is having a hard time making friends, and really misses her old school (even though she was only there for 2 months...). She has stopped eating when she's at school, and has even stopped trying to make friends....
I wanted to order some white playsilks and dye them myself from Dharma trading. Six silks cost $25, but it costs $25 - $50 to send them to France (where I live)! Does anyone know of another shop (ebay, etsy?) that will ship overseas affordably? Is there an affordable resource in the UK or Europe that sells them?
ah! Thank you...I had asked the teacher a bit about this, but I wondered if parents would get a more accurate story from their children...I'll ask around a bit more...
We found out today that our children were accepted to the Waldorf school, and that they will start in a few weeks time. I would love to hear about older kids who started Waldorf in 2nd or 3rd grade, after they had already learned to read and write. How did they make the adjustment? Were they bored at first? Do teachers "undo" what they've already learned? Also, reading another thread about media, etc., it made me wonder how other kids of this age react to new students...