or Connect

Posts by mouthcave

I think you've already gotten so much good advice. I just want to say I've been there and am a few bad days from being there again. Staying away from the Internet helps a lot for me, heh.
Odin Benjamin Merek Danior
Looks like we all have some pretty active babies! heh Walking still seems so far away for my son, but maybe it's just because I can't believe how old he is! I am looking forward to him walking because he wants to get down and crawl everywhere we go and some places just seem too gross. He has 8 teeth and LOVES eating, especially if he can pick up the food himself. His favorite "toys" are shoes, ugh haha. We had to move our shoe rack out of reach because he was obsessed...
My dad has pretty much zero interest in my children. We have an awful relationship so it is not much of a surprise. He's a jerk anyway so I'm glad I don't have to deal with limiting their relationship. It doesn't really upset me much except when I compare my family with my in-laws who are over-the-top involved (which I do find annoying and sometimes even enraging). I can see how it would be really terrible if you had a decent relationship with your mom though. I'm sorry...
With DS1 we were only asked once by a nurse. When we responded with a no, she said something like "oh good!" and seemed relieved. With DS2, it was a UC and we were not asked at his first checkup.
Quote: Originally Posted by jenneology I need a reminder that this too shall pass as well. This 2.5 year old has been seriously getting to me! Yes, this age has been really tough. He has an ear infection and a cold while I have a cold and a broken toe. Plus he doesn't sleep (so I don't sleep either of course). And he wants to nurse nonstop (WAY more than his younger brother), aaahhh. This is what I want to hear about passing most of all, to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by musiclady Lilah is going to be a ladybug. Mommie and Grandmomma too. Think Daddy is going to be a bug catcher. oh goodness, that is so cute! i hope you are able to post pictures. merek is going to be a hot dog. it was my oldest son's first halloween costume. what can i say, i love gross food costumes.
yes, it is quite irritating. he's gotten much better though. i think i might try it myself--nurse the littlest one and head out for a bit without extensive planning. "see ya! i think you can handle it!" not to make him see what it's like because then i'm sure my toddler play quietly and make no messes and the baby would sleep peacefully the entire time ("i don't see what the big deal is! this is so easy! look, i even finished this quilt you've been trying to sew for...
My 2.5 year old does the same thing, except like 5000 times a night. So I'm interested in what others have to say!
My 2 year old son is going to be a unicorn. Or if he doesn't want to wear the horn, a horse, ha. We are just doing an all white outfit, a tail made of yarn, a horn made of, uh, we'll see. We're still stuck on the mane (should we or shouldn't we? will it look too strange? etc) and the possible hooves too, but we'll come up with something. Last year he wore a lemur costume with a hood and did totally fine. But the only time he wore it was to a festival so he was pretty busy...