or Connect

Posts by Homebirth_Mom216

Replying to myself again...   Ugh...but now OTC medications are not covered?  Does anyone know how we are supposed to stay up to date on these things?  Are we just supposed to check for new laws every so often or is there some sort of email list?  This is sort of frustrating.
Replying to myself...   In case anyone else out there is out of the loop, breastfeeding supplies ARE now qualified FSA/HSA expenses, yay!  Expenses incurred starting in 2010 are reimbursable.  I guess I'll be digging out some old receipts...   http://www.ivillage.com/breastfeeding-supplies-are-now-tax-deductible/6-a-322454   http://www.bwdgroup.com/Benefits/LegislationView.asp?LegislationKey=1755570560
I just noticed on my grocery receipts that the disposable nursing pads I've been buying all year are now being marked as an FSA approved expense.  I would think that this means they can be an HSA expense, too, right?  They didn't used to show up as a qualified FSA expense, so I'm not sure if something has changed and now they qualify.    Does anyone have any idea?  LOL
You obviously love your child and are trying to be the best parent you can be.  I don't do CIO w/ my kids, but many friends do and they have amazing kids and loving relationships.  I know it's against the norm around here, but I think CIO is fine if it works well for your family.  Stop worrying about it and put a smile on your face and give your kiddo a big hug.  Your child needs a happy, rested, confident mama and her smiles more than he needs to be nursed to sleep if...
That stinks.  And you didn't hear back from her about your email?  Maybe the same thing is going on again then It still might be worth stopping by to talk in person and at least offering an ear to hear what's going on.  Otherwise maybe it might be worth breaking your "my brother and I don't talk" tradition and calling him up? 
My 3-yo does that stuff too.  I always try to think of appropriate consequences for various situations when I'm cool.  Then right as we're going into the store (or whatever) I tell him several times in a clear friendly way what the consequences will be if he does X, Y, or Z so that I know he understands.  Then I carry out the consequences as close to every time as I can.  We both do best this way.    For example, DS likes to walk around in the grocery store but like...
Yeah.  Maybe she thinks you're ignoring her, too?  You never know.  Just don't be silly about it and keep yourself wondering.  Instead just go talk to her.    
LOL my DS is 11 months and cannot figure out straws or sippy cups (haven't tried bottles).  It drives my nuts .  He drinks from a regular cup but I always have to hold it for him.  And he's not very clean about it if it's mealtime so we don't share cups .   My DS is nursed, too, but since he is eating more, he is nursing less and getting less hydrated from that, so it is important to find some way to get the water in him.  He confirms this by drinking from his little...
I weaned my DS around that age and here's how:   First, I made sure he was getting enough real food during the day so that he didn't really need those calories. Second, I decided I'd had enough, so when he woke up (we coslept at that time), I just told him "not tonight" and hugged him and hugged him.  I thought this would be really bad and had DH sleep somewhere else just in case, but DS wimpered a little and went back to sleep.  This continued for a couple of more...