or Connect

Posts by earthmama4

Fragrances in soaps, detergents, and lotions were the biggest trigger for my oldest. Once we switched to fragrance free everything, it cleared up considerably. Winter was always a flare up time as well with the drier colder air. Cetaphil was great, but a little hydracortizone was necessary at times for the stubborn spots. Be careful with natural products. The botanicals can be irritating and more allergenic than the conventional ingredients. My son was later diagnosed with...
All my older boys weaned at that age and it was easy peasy. I got a bee in my bonnet to nurse my 4th till two and sure enough at 16 months he did what your daughter is doing. I pushed and encouraged and after a few days he started nursing again. It was great for a while but then he was 2 and I was done and he wasn't! I really regretted not letting him wean naturally when he was ready. It would have been easier on both of us. 
I never got to baseline with DS4. I was on a TED most of his first year and while he survived he certainly didn't thrive. He fell off his growth chart by the end of that year, though he grew in length and met milestones. Still it was very, very rough on me, on him and on our family. When his little brother came along and had blood in his stool at 3 weeks, I knew I couldn't do it again. I made the difficult choice to wean him to hypoallergenic formula at 4 weeks. The blood...
My 5 and 2 year old have had zero vaccinations. They have been extremely healthy in comparison to their fully vaccinated same age cousins as well as compared to the early childhood history of their fully vaccinated older brothers. My 5 yr old has never been on antibiotics and have only gone to the doctor a handful of times, once for stitches and once for a broken bone. My 2 yr old was on his first antibiotic at 20 months for a stubborn ear infection that wouldn't clear...
I looked into this recently because I live in a new area and the OBs and MWs here are a lot more conservative with their use of pitocin and vbacs and I even had to change practices because an OB told me she would flat out not use it on me and schedule a c/s if I went past dates - this after I have had THREE successfully pit induced VBA2Cs! Not ok.   The risks of rupture go up with Pitocin but not as significantly as the medical profession would lead you to believe. Its...
Two stories for you.    Mine: We tried the breaking of my waters and labor just didn't come. We waited most of the day, then tried a really really low dose of pit and I started contractions but they were not dilating me despite having a favorable cervix and good bishops score. We finally had to do a more normal dose of pit and once we did that, things moved a bit then slowed and my MW started to lose faith and said some unhelpful comments. I was ticked and started trying...
I did with my 5th. I had tiny prefolds, snappies, and some mama made woolies. After half a dozen changes though, I developed a complication from my epidural and couldn't walk for nearly 14 hours! I was planning on being able to get to the sink, but no go. I was stuck in bed and everything I needed needed to be right there at the foot of my bed so I could reach it easily. The cloth wasn't that much harder, but I was upset and overwhelmed and decided to just let it go and...
I fully vaccinated my older kids on the CDC schedule. I felt like I was doing the right thing. But all of them have issues that I think have been made worse by the vaccines. Yes, one of those is autism. Now I don't believe autism is completely caused by vaccinations. Its not that simple. However, I do think that children with a genetic predisposition to autism are at increased risk of harm from vaccines and that it can wreak havoc on their immune system and possibly affect...
I am due Saturday (Nov 16) but at 37 weeks exactly I had my water break in a chinese restaurant. LOL!. This is my 6th baby, I know it broke - there was a huge gush and its was NOT pee - but to make a long story short it turns out I had a double bag or it resealed. After 12 hours there was no sign of amniotic fluid so they felt since I was early it was best to send me home. That was a crazy day. On the one hand I was glad that baby was ok to stay in a little longer, I...
With all my other kids, around 2 or so the toddler moves into a twin bed in another room and Mom or Dad lays down with him till he falls asleep. He generally will stay there for most of the night, sometimes coming in the wee hours of the morning to sleep with us for a bit, which is fine. Then new baby cosleeps with us. Its worked well with four toddlers so far!   Unfortunately, I have failed to do that this time and I have a cosleeping 26 month old and am almost 39...