or Connect

Posts by Megamama

I have heard it said if a therapy is going to work, it will work almost immediately..and that is certainly true for us..RDI is worth every penny we're laying out..Eli is progressing so well..!! Read my blog for all the details..I don't want to annoy everyone with my zealotry (is that a word?)..but OMG I can't see why someone wouldn't do this therapy..
Eli is 4.5.. He can put on his socks now. He can pull up his pants, he can put his sleeves in his shirts. That's it so far. I should say he generally puts on his socks backwards or turned around some how, but he does it so I'm happy. He's been a master at removing all his clothing since age 3. Toileting..not yet. He will remove pull up immediately if he poops, sometimes pre-poop, but I just can't get him to make the connection to the pot..sigh. Eating with...
Eli is an amazing, loving, sweet little boy. Sometimes I have to remind myself that he is actually 4 and a half because he is delayed and so small..but he is so adorable and sweet..he melts my heart all the time. Sophie, well, she is the light of my life. She is a relief, but also a handful. I hate to call her a relief, but honestly, I was so scared until she turned 2, even though she was so different from Eli from the start. I'm so grateful she's my last child and I can...
Eli was fully vax'd. Combined with a number of factors around 18-24 months of age, I think they were a trigger. Since I found out his dx. I do not vax Sophie for MMR or DTap. She does get HIB and she was already done with chicken pox and hep b, so it's moot. She won't be getting any more now, and thankfully I have a good pediatrician who agrees. My aunt doesn't even think her son should have his kid vax'd. just because of Eli.
Our story is extremely similar to Kerry's actually. I tried to tell him about the baby coming, he just showed no sign of caring. He was a toddler learning how to walk and was talking up a storm, etc, when I was pregnant with Sophie. I agree that Sophie has been a huge blessing. Sometimes I think she was put on earth to challenge him and make him learn to play with someone near his age. They are exactly 2 years apart..(same birthdays!). Sophie was born at home in the...
Part of me does not wish to know if there is a genetic reason, though I strongly suspect there is a trigger of some kind in some children, in others the trigger may be birth (pretty darn stressful!). It would explain the regressive types like my son (and I don't blame vax's alone..also diet, environmental stuff, some illnesses he had etc). But you know, as much as I wonder, and as much as I am 50 percent afraid to have other kids because of it (50 percent afraid cuz Now...
It's good to get the evals done if you feel they are appropriate right now. I'm not a dr. or qualified to make an assessment of your son, so I can't really say what I think on whether or not he is on the spectrum. If he is, you are doing the right thing getting him help now, and if he's not, you are doing the right thing to get him any help he MAY need for whatever the issues are. I did want to address the middle of the night freak outs..we used to get those with Eli,...
Anyone going? I just looked at the website because our hippotherapy place has a video on it, and I'd like to go but we have an RDI training that weekend..I have to see about it. The video on the site made me bawl my eyes out. www.frinkfest.com
I had one last night about Eli suddenly liking milk and drinking it like crazy and turning into nut child again. Granted, I'm down with the flu today so I dream like that when I am.
Funny!