or Connect

Posts by Megamama

He sounds a lot like my 4 yr old too..I would do whatever your gut says too..I was lucky, my pede at the time gave me a referral right away since she believed that parents know their children best. I hope you get the answers you seek, mama! and welcome!
Wow..I'm so lucky to have had the parents I did and ILs that I do. My mother was a psychologist who raised my brother who had LDs and ADHD. She said from the first time she met Eli that she thought he was a lot like my brother. When I called her and my stepfather to ask what they thought about him being possibly autistic, they said, "Get him evaluated..you know him better than anyone..but we agree something is different". My mom had to fight the schools hard back in the...
Wow. This is all very thought provoking and I have to think it through before I can properly respond. I can tell you that had I known that Elijah would have these issues before birth, I would have been prepared to handle them from the beginning and not whacked with it all at the age of 3 and a half..that would have been good. Would I have terminated him? I can never say for sure, but I would like to think I would not have. He is my treasure, my love. I can't imagine my...
Lol..fecal fairy. Eli did this to me today too..he had just pooped and came to me and simply said, "Diaper". I knew what he meant! Hallelujah is right..last week we had the ultimate poop smear event so hopefully I got through to him, too.
Well, I have a mei tai and a KKAFP that I want to sell. If y'all are serious, I'll send you a link. My husband is actually working with the insurance co. today to see if we can get any coverage at all on his other therapies. The thing is in most places, insurance won't cover therapies that need coverage without years of proven efficacy, etc. or they want to call them behavioral things under mental health, even though autism is a neurological disorder. It's crazy trying to...
Been a busy week here with Alexis at home! We've been out all day with her, and tomorrow she leaves first thing in the morning. Otherwise..things are what they are..we are workign on Eli's therapies and getting him set up with RDI therapy..and Sophie is still our lovely little delight who has a mood change every minute She is now counting in English and Spanish and has number recognition..no letters yet, though. Smarty pants! I'm trying to sell off stuff on the...
I couldnt' watch today..I just got through going through videos of Eli before he was 2 and was depressed as all get out..he's the regressive type as well. He was doing things before he was 2 that he can't do now I have to tape him for RDI this weekend so got caught up. I just can't see anything else right now. Glad to hear it was balanced at least.
We have now been GF/CF for 9 months..it's the smartest thing I have done so far for Eli..we had thought he was lactose intolerant anyway.. He showed signs like never having a regular BM and night terrors and terrible gas..so when I read the book Unraveling the Mystery etc I knew we had to try it. Not only did the night terrors stop, the BMs got normal, his stims slowed down considerably, he started to feel pain, and he gained a bunch of weight and height! I'm so pleased...
In Florida it is known as MedWaiver. The current waiting list is literally 850 years long!! We will apply anyway and if funding for him comes through in his lifetime we might get some services. sigh.
We've done a lot since august when I last posted. He attends SN preschool, still GF/CF diet and he's much healthier from that. Epsom Salt baths methyl B-12 shots every 3 days started 3 wks ago Need to buy Supra Nu Thera but not sure how I'm gonna get it in him. He is doing Hippotherapy, Speech and OT. I think we may drop OT, though. The school is doing some specific feeding and oral motor things with him. I have another thread about how it's becoming too much for us to do...