or Connect

Posts by teeg1973

Completed steps 1 and 2!   Tracy
I guess I am in the camp that it is ok to let babes try solids after 4 months if they show an interest...and then if the trials go well.  I don't think the grass/rock analogy is really the same at all.   Additionally, I am living in Europe where they have recently changed the recommendations back down to 4 months (from 6 months).  I don't think it is right for all babes, but I do think you have to look at the individual child.  The change in recommendation here...
Well...I only have two, so I can't quite say what a third would add to the mix, but I think so much has to do with the temperment of the child and your other children and perhaps a bit to do with the spacing.  Going from 1-2 has been totally easy for us, but DD1 was pretty high needs and DD2 has been totally laid back (although in the past week she has been a bit difficult in all areas, but I am blaming it on teething and hope all returns back to normal soon!).  There is...
My DD has been going through the same thing for almost a week (she is almost 6 months) in addition to pooping a ton, like every diaper change.  Previously she would often go a few days between pooping or at most once a day.  Hers are running and very slimy.   I was guessing a bit of a stomach bug, but the previous post makes me think in our case that it could indeed be teething (DD is clearly teething).   Sorry I don't have any ideas, but I will be watching this...
Thank you for this thread!  YDD's weight isn't off the chart high (similar to what her sisters was at this age), but she is short....which makes her beyond chunky!  It is a bit of a relief to see that this can be very normal :-)  
We swaddled our first DD, but not my 2nd.  She was sick early on and I was too nervous to swaddle with breathing issue going on....by the time I actually tried it, she was not having it!   Different kids, different preferences I guess.   Tracy
I went to say from the start that I am very pro-VBAC, please don't misunderstand my post....  *Warning*  Scary birthing experience mentioned....         Just wondering if there is anyone else that has been in my position in regretting having gone through with a VBAC?.  A bit of background.  DD1 was born 9/2006 and after several days of hard labor (I was fine, babe was fine so docs respected my birth plan and let me keep going), but never fully dilating we ended...
Many Congrats!   Tracy
I guess technically I didn't have an RCS, but the outcome  regarding recovery was the same....I had my VBAC followed by an emergency hysterectomy where they re-opened the prior c-section scar to remove my uterus.  Good times.   The recovery from the CS actually hasn't been so bad this time, but then week 2 my DD was back in the hospital due to RSV so I didn't have much time to think about myself.  Honestly, I wish I hadn't gone for the VBAC and had gone straight to...
Thank you all for your thoughts.  I finally was able to write out Norah's birth story and regardless of if anyone ever reads it, it was a bit cathartic for me.  The birth of my first daughter was pretty traumatic on its own and I never thought that anything could top it, but I guess I was wrong.  It is sad for me to realize that my body just wasn't made for birthing babies and now that choice has been completely taken away from me.   I wish I could be of more support...