or Connect

Posts by teeg1973

DD started climbing out of the cirb at 21 months. We were moving and I hated the crib anyway (couldn't get the rail down easily) so we ditched it. We have done every type of sleeping arrangement. Once the crib was gone, DD and I co-slept (DH was overseas for a few months). DH can't sleep with DD in the bed, so now DD is on a twin on the floor. I fall asleep next to her then go to my own bed and then back to hers once she wakes in the night. Back to the original...
I know I have read many many places that sleep begets more sleep. I understand this somewhat in theory, but am wondering if anyone has any advice on how to foster more sleep? DD who just turned 2 has never been a good sleeper. I also know that DD has never gotten the average number of hours of sleep that the "experts" say are needed for her age. She just fights it tooth and nail and always has. I feel so many hours have been devoted to trying to get her to sleep...
DD just turned two and her favorite gifts have been 1) her tricycle with the handle and storage compartment in the back. It has mostly been used indoors even though we live in a small apartment. 2) books and cards 3) playdough Hope you all have a fun day celebrating!
Newbie here.... I am sorry to hear there are many LO's that are not good sleepers, but certainly glad to hear I am not alone. DD just turned 2 and still does not sleep through the night (she has a few times, but never consistently). She has never been a good sleeper. I feel like so much time is spent on trying to get her to sleep and then to stay asleep! I very much want another child, but can't imagine it unless DD gets into a better routine....and then the...