or Connect

Posts by katmann

We thought DS would never crawl. He started around 9 or 10 months, and at 14 months he isn't walking yet, but he is cruising. (I just posted a similar panicked thread the other day.)
I work part time at a winery. I love the job, and my husband loves staying home with our son. We run a vegetable farm, which we have decided isn't profitable enough for us to live on. We don't want to give it up, however. My winery boss recently offered me full time employment. I had been looking at getting my teaching license so that I could still work on the farm during the summer. If I were to work at the winery, I couldn't farm during the summer (at least not as...
I just want to say that once a week is a super duper effort and you should be proud of yourself! That's not lame to me. But, since I have a 14 mo old and am still having sex much less than once a week, you can see why I might be impressed. I totally understand the dual-duty body problem. We had this happen the other night when I had to go nurse DS down during the deed. It's so hard to mentally switch back and forth like that! And with a 6 mo old, you're probably...
Thus I don't consider him a toddler, so I've posted here. I would be less worried if he were doing one or the other, but now I'm worried that he's sort of been at the same developmental stage for a few months now. He was a slow crawler (about 10 months). As for walking, he can pull himself up and cruise, but he's always on his tiptoes. It's like he wants to get up as high as he can. (I will admit to having used a walker, which may have contributed to this problem,...
I've been battling this with DS. I think he might have a food allergy, so we're taking him in next week to get tested. In the meantime, I've tried olive oil, lanolin, coconut oil, even making my own beeswax salve with calendula-infused olive oil. NOTHING worked. Then I tried straight honey. In the last three days, I've put a bit on (he gets it on his forehead) twice a day. It works so well. I think it creates a really good barrier so he can't do any damage...
I sort of know what you're going through, though it's not been quite as bad for me and ds (who is now 14 mos and still sleeping with us). If I try to roll over, he often wakes up. And it gets so uncomfortable sleeping in the same position! It used to be that I couldn't move him over at all or he would wake up. Now, after he nurses, I can slide him more towards the middle of the bed without him waking. It's easier now, but also harder, since he's bigger. He just takes...
Quote: Originally Posted by katmann I went around picking up detritus from our recent wind storms and happened upon a trout lily. It's the cutest little thing! And bonus, I got to use my shiny wildflower identification book for the first time this year. And I got my first tick bite, likely in the vicinity of the trout lily.
I went around picking up detritus from our recent wind storms and happened upon a trout lily. It's the cutest little thing! And bonus, I got to use my shiny wildflower identification book for the first time this year.
I'm kind of in a different spot b/c I'm in the process of trying to avoid developing a phobia. My friend's dogs chased me down last fall, and though they didn't get me, they came close enough that I was screaming out of my mind until my friend called them off. I've never had an animal phobia, though I am afraid of sharks and oceans, but that's more of a general fear. Anyway, since the dog incident, I've been fine around dogs (well, I had to work my way up to "fine,"...
Is this too young? My friend's daughter has it and I'm taking ds over there tomorrow. But I just want to make sure this is the right move. I know there are dangers for newborns, but everything I've read says that younger children have fewer lesions. So I think I'm okay. I know the vax is given at 12 mos, so he should be okay, right? Somebody just reassure me, please!