or Connect

Posts by ihugtrees

I know most of you aren't local to Florida, but please consider liking this Facebook page and getting involved with what's happening. Last week, my friend Karen tried to renew her membership at our local hands-on children's museum here in Jacksonville. She was told that despite having a membership for 3 years, she would have to pay an extra fee because her children have a second mom, not a dad. They said that they don't consider them a family and refused to give them a...
I know most of you aren't local to Florida, but please consider liking this Facebook page and getting involved with what's happening. Last week, my friend Karen tried to renew her membership at our local hands-on children's museum here in Jacksonville. She was told that despite having a membership for 3 years, she would have to pay an extra fee because her children have a second mom, not a dad. They said that they don't consider them a family and refused to give them a...
I saved this thread 2.5 years ago when my stbx and I decided to separate. He has been stationed overseas since right after we decided to separate, and is returning this summer, so we will finally be legally filing for divorce. I am so glad to have found this thread again and drafted up a parenting agreement. It has been amazingly helpful. When I have my final draft of the agreement I plan to present to him, I will come back and post it. 
Interesting to read this thread. I was diagnosed with RH as a teen. I struggle with my weight. I feel best when I eat low carb, high protein, but I am extremely picky and all I ever *want* to eat is carb heavy foods like bread and pasta. I'm also constantly on the go so I find it hard to carry lc snacks with me. Doctors always look at me funny when I tell them I have hypoglycemia, and mention my weight issue. Is there a difference between RH and regular hypoglycemia?
It is overwhelming to begin with, but once you are in and get into a routine it isn't as difficult. I took online classes for two semesters, and this is my first semester on campus at my local community college. I have to say that I feel like I am learning so much more, enjoying my classes so much more, and enjoying my LIFE so much more taking classes on campus. Having the social interaction is a big plus emotionally, I guess, but I also feel like I learn a lot from...
I haven't had any science in many years, and only minimal Algebra, but my college is letting me into an Anatomy & Physiology class this summer. I'm doing some math and science review via my Health Occupations Test study guide and am supposed to begin the class in May. This will allow me to apply for my program (Occupational Therapy Assistant) to begin this fall instead of NEXT fall. I'm a little nervous about taking A&P I. I've read that it's mostly memorization, which I...
I have sensory issues that seem to have gotten worse over the last few years. This isn't a case of "I don't feel like eating this" but actually a case of, "I gag and feel sick when I eat this" and "I will avoid eating if this is my only choice." I'm on the go all of the time because of work and school and shuttling my DD back and forth to my parents who watch her a few days a week. I am sick of wasting food I bring with me when I'm out, and sick of spending money eating...
Regarding all of the responses of "I can't believe you didn't say anything" and "I can't believe anyone else didn't stand up for you"...as another Floridian, I can testify that in the South, particularly if you were raised in any sort of religious community, like I was, you learned that as a woman, you need to be NICE and KIND. Being angry, standing up for yourself/child, even being passionate about something--all are un-feminine and unacceptable qualities. HOWEVER,...
My daughter is going to be 3 in June. She plays pretend, mostly by herself but sometimes with one of the adults in her life, hours out of every day, and I'm wondering if that imagination is what is causing the nightmares! She doesn't watch a lot of TV--1 to 3 episodes of Diego or Barney per week when she is at my parent's, while I'm at school, but she doesn't have any exposure to scary shows, books, etc.    The nightmares started in the last few months, since a...
I haven't found anything, unfortunately. I ended up living on the West side of Jacksonville once I moved and my job in Jax Beach didn't work out, so Jax Waldorf is way too far for me.  I wish that I could find somewhere as the time my DD is with my parents is just not enough for studying/schoolwork and errands and such, but I'm not willing to send her somewhere that isn't going to be a safe, nurturing place for her, so I'm just doing the best I can for now. Thanks for...