or Connect

Posts by Lunasophia

All of the posts are very helpful and your replies are heartwarming. My parents are pissed at the doctor for even suggesting a problem. I've got my Dad so fired up over this I have received more emails from him than I have in many years! I'll get the eval and see what happens from there and I'll let you all know what the results Invariably, I will probably have more questions.
Yes, she does respond to her name. Sometimes though she can go into a vacant stare for a few moments, not often and I have to call her back from her reverie. She doesn't really show me things...she loves to read, so she will pick out a book for me to read to her. She loves to stack things and destroy block towers that I make, though she doesn't make any herself. Quote: Originally Posted by sbgrace Don't fret over the evaluation or therapy doing...
I did not mean to imply that all children are devalued by the experience of having therapeutic intervention, I just was voicing my personal concern from my own limited experience in such matters. It seemed to me that the type of evals that would be done and the type of therapies could become regimentary much like MCAS or other such standardized testing that do not take individual needs into consideration. I am probably quite biased and meant no disrespect for those whose...
Doc said motor development, specifically walking and waving...
My daughter is 13 months old, up until now she has reached all of her milestones. Although she is bright and happy, she has not begun walking, she doesn't wave bye bye, blow kisses, play peek a boo or point at objects. She seems to understand her world, and can pick up objects that I call out such as a ball, an egg, a duck. She can identify body parts, her hair, my nose, her ears. She says dada and mama, Izzy (our cat), T for kitty and I've heard her say a bunch of other...
Is there any forum in which it is appropriate to discuss our husbands and why they piss us off?
Isn't flu type B HIB?
I have not intended on getting a flu vax, but since that 12 year old boy recently died in MA and we live in NH and people around me seem to be getting sick, I wonder if I should get it myself. My DD is a week away from one year old, non vaxxed and still breastfeeding. Any chance my getting the vax would do us any good? Also should I avoid doctor's offices around this time, she has a doctor appt. tomorrow for mullouscum virus and it's in a pretty major facility. Thanks...
Great! I get to answer two posts for you! Beer. I find that a nice stout beer works to boost the golden undertones and to soften the hair, reducing frizz. Irish women use Hibiscus Tea to keep the red tones. Henna is also a very very good conditioner and will not leave a residue once washed out. Also try a rinse of Rose Water, it softens the cuticle and reduces split ends. If these don't work...let me know, I have more!
I'd like to give you some information, as an Herbalist who specializes in treating infants and children naturally. Please be sure that you always use 100% Pure Essential oils on your children. Essential Oils must be diluted in Jojoba oil or olive oil or any natural oil, but I would steer away from nut oils if your children are allergic. Lavender Essential oil should be put in a carrier oil although it is okay to use directly on the skin of an older child. 1-2 drops for...