or Connect

Posts by mamamolly1

My boys (just turned two) also definitely thrive on routine (as do I, to be honest).  It really helps them to know what's coming next (as evidenced by little freak-outs when things turn out differently-- the downside of this approach, I guess).  Here's our typical routine on days when we're home together (they go to a home-based Waldorf playschool 3 days a week while I work at home, so things are obviously different on those days) Most all of the times are approximate--...
We vacationed with our boys last summer when they were 16 months.  One was walking but the other was still crawling.  They both had a great time and neither way really posed big challenges for us.  I'm glad we didn't wait until he was walking (started just before 18 months).
We're not doing full on EC (it really does seem difficult logistically with twins) but started early pottying/learning around 14 months too (Diaper Free before 3 was our book).    The boys took to it really well, though they still wear diapers when we're out or when I'm lazy and we're not quite there all the way yet.   
My hospital is one where they require twin births to be in the OR and require an epi to be placed, but not the drugs to be pushed, in case of an emergency.  One thing about this is it makes it a lot harder to have a non-medicated birth because all of this (along with all of the monitors, etc.) really preclude a lot of walking around, time in water, etc.  I did use an epidural after a really painful pitocin induction after my water broke. (despite being nearly fully...
I'll add that they're still in those side by side cribs today at a few days shy of 2, although we may need to switch to toddler beds soon as one has learned how to climb out at will.  A transition I'm really scared of! Eek!   
We had our boys in a co-sleeper together until they were 4 months and could no longer fit.  At that point they were sleeping through the night for the most part, so we moved them into their own room and intended them to share a crib (where they had more room than the co-sleeper). But at that point, with all the extra room, they were rotating around a lot (despite not being able to crawl or really even roll at that point) and on night two or three we woke up to one...
I'm not expert, but it sounds like your child is still in the normal ranges at this stage.   My son Charlie didn't start walking until 17 months.  I was a little worried about this at 15 month appt., but my ped says she doesn't even begin to worry about that milestone until 18 months.  At 20 months, he walks and runs like a pro.  At his 18 month appt., I was concerned that he only had a very few words (maybe 5 or so-- and at 13 months really didn't have any).  She...
I've done some occasional finger-painting with my boys (20-months-old). The first times we did it, it was when they were a bit younger (maybe around a year or so?), and I put them in their high chairs and we used yogurt with food coloring.  It was fun but messy.  I wish I had done it more then, because in recent months they've become MUCH more concerned about messy fingers (whereas before that didn't phase them).  We finger painted yesterday.  Max managed to really get...
One other idea, since your daughter is really into her babies, is a little doll stroller.  We don't have one, but whenever we go to friends houses my boys always love to use one-- and not just kids who are into babies either, it also works for pushing around dinosaurs and trucks.  But it seems especially a nice fit for a baby doll lover. (If you use a stroller that is!) (though even if not, kids just like to push thing around I think).  I've seen them on amazon around...
My boys are 20-months-old and we're getting them a play kitchen (to put in the real kitchen, to help  occupy them while I cook dinner), 2 little chairs, and a small thomas train starter set (which we got a great deal on).    We did get them a broom/mop set earlier in the year, to help dissaude them from always taking mine, and it's been a BIG hit.