or Connect

Posts by dreadmama

Nursing necklaces can engage your baby for a long time while nursing, as well as while holding your baby. Be careful to use non-toxic and pthalate free beads and use a very strong cord to string them on if you make it yourself. It is kind of like a cloth diaper... you could sew one yourself, but if you don't have a good pattern or materials it's not going to do you much good.
so sorry it was such a crappy day! we've all been there before, and we probably will be there again. I have to agree that you have taken too much on as far as Brownies, crafts, etc. If you can cut out some of the other responsibilities, it might help. I'm a preschool teacher by day, and run a jewelry business by night... so I know about being maxed out. A few things that have saved me are: do weekly shopping on the weekends. get a crock pot and prepare...
I'm in a similar situation. I've been a single mom for over 6 years, and was finally ready to start dating again after a lot of soul search and self improvement last year. I tried online dating, but didn't meet anyone, and couldn't afford to keep trying. It was too discouraging... men were telling me that because of my family obligations, it wouldn't be a good match. So it might depend on the online dating site. I'm now focusing on getting myself ready, and being...
ah, thanks for the nice words about Little Gems Mothering Rocks! I've started hanging out here again, after a bit of a break and it is nice to read good feedback.
Welcome to MDC! Congratulations on your upcoming birth and new baby :
Hi Everyone! I've been gone from the MDC boards for awhile, and have recently returned. I'm so happy to see this forum! I'm divorced now, and have been raising my dd solo since she was 4 months old. My ex-dh is from England, but his family is from Ghana and identifies more as African than British. My dd is now 6.5 years old. http://www.littlegemsonline.com/imag...Js_smaller.jpg Anyway, it has been fun to see everyone's families... I look forward to getting to...
Quote: Originally Posted by noordinaryspider The Kente cloth may well be a mistake, since I know it was originally intended to be worn for special occaisions and NOT reproduced and printed on cheap fabric made by people in Thailand. Please be honest with me if you think that it is inappropriate to wear in public or even for the dress-up box. fyi- Kente cloth is for everyday wear, I've been to the village in Ghana called Bonwire (spelling is...
It sounds like you've gotten some great advice already. Just wanted to offer some hugs. I'm sure the transition is hard on both of you, especially with a young baby. Perhaps if you explained the cultural differences with your co-workers/friends so that they could understand why he's feeling uncomfortable? Some of this sounds very much like how my ex-husband (family from Ghana) felt/acted when he moved to the US to be with me. He was miserable. I hope your dh...
After 5 years of being single and celibate, I'm finally ready to start dating again! I know I haven't been here for a long time, but I'm hoping I'll have more time to be online and make visit with you lovely ladies! So, I decided to try some online dating to get some practice in, and perhaps even meet a nice man. I'm going out to brunch with a guy I haven't met yet on Wed. He seems like a nice guy, and we've spoken on the phone a couple of times. Since finding a...
wow, gorgeous photos and the website very professionally shows off your amazing talent.