or Connect

Posts by PaulaJoAnne

The black bean chocolate cake is fast becoming famous around here. Dh's older sister was visiting from out of state last week, and we made it for her birthday. She melted when she tasted it, and then about fell over when we told her what it was made out of. And I second waiting a day to eat it. We pour raw cream all over it when we serve it. I am going to bring a pan of it to church on sunday, and I know that I will need quite a few copies of the recipe with me. By...
Quote: Originally Posted by roadfamily6now is he working on the weekend? I'd be interested in buying like 5 dozen if you have that much. It would make the trip worth it. And I can get some rats there for our snake. If you can come up Saturday, I will have 5 dozen for you at the shop. 3 Rivers Fly and Tackle, corner of Parks and Knik Goose Bay, across from the train station. Do you have any empty cartons you could exchange as well? Don't...
Not sure. I think being so dependant on it, has its drawbacks. I gave up my cell phone a few months ago. We still have dh's though. My life did not fall apart. The instant gratification that forums, email and the like offers, is a burden to me. And I highly doubt that I am the only one that feels this way. I long for simplicity away from modern conveniences. They do not truly simplify life, as advertised. Instead they make me more dependant.
A fellow TF blogger has done some rather extensive testing on Water Kefir, and found that , just like Kombucha and the ginger bug, it never measure's higher then .65%. You would have to drink a huge amount, for that to have any effect. I am guessing you are feeling more the live culture/probiotics that are having their say with your body.
Quote: Originally Posted by Icequeen_in_ak no chance on pregnancy Well... that is, unless I'm the first case on the planet to be pregnant without a uterus LOL The chiro said that it very well could be from a nerve issue and she has me keeping a moist heating pad on them, trying to get them to go down LOL Ohe, I hope they get better soon!
Quote: Originally Posted by rhiandmoi Well they either went out in the sun for 20 mins a day and were fine, or they got rickets. Erm, no! That does not work that way in Northern latitudes. The practice of consuming clo, seal fat, whale blubber, and the like, comes from the north, where the sun provides D only a day or two out of the year. Rickets is a "white mans disease", caused by poor nutrition. It is historically accurate, to note that...
Quote: Originally Posted by brightonwoman I would love eggs, but i'm all the way down in Homer. *sigh* If anybody is in the mood for a field trip... Jenni, do hold your breath! I will get back with you, as dh has been pining to go back down to Anchor and fish.......
Quote: Originally Posted by roadfamily6now Very tempting! You're in willow? Do you come to town ever? Maybe meet in Wasilla? I'd be up for a road trip. What's cool to do in Willow? Also, I know that Alaska Mill and Feed sells Fresh Eggs, have you called them about selling yours to them? Dh works in Wasilla, so I can send them down on a date that works for you. I am trying to go the route of direct to consumer. Our chickens are fed...
We are drowning in them! Someone on here had asked about getting a bunch, and I can't remember who it was. Please pm me, asap!