or Connect

Posts by Primrose Burrows

Cary Hughes is still there! He's one of DS's favourite teachers.
I love High Mowing. DS is very happy there, and is learning a lot of good common-sense educational things, as well as how to be a well-rounded adult. I recommend it highly! primrose
My DS is a sophomore at High Mowing School in Wilton, NH. He's been a Waldorf kid since kindergarten (first day of kindergarten to graduation from grade 8 in one WS, same wonderful teacher from grades 3-8). Right now he's in Munich, Germany until April as part of an exchange program. He's an avid reader, politically active, and he's a member of his school's Gay-Straght Alliance. Even though he's just sixteen, he's pro-breastfeeding, anticirc, and pro-conservation. I...
Quote: Well, I think you have a rather limited view of the world. I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't think that the way I see the world can be accurately reflected by one opinion, though. Quote: I was terrified at the idea of being pregnant. My little guy wasn't planned. Nor looked for. It wasn't the money or my job or any of the above. I was just terrified. I was raised by a woman with Munchausen's by Proxy and have a HUGE fear...
Quote: Originally Posted by Deirdre Hi Calm, since you got metaphysical can I do it too?... When a woman becomes pregnant and chooses to terminate a pregnancy I believe two equally important things are happening - one soul is choosing to take on a particular human form while at the same time the soul of the mother is making a choice to not allow that soul to do that. Now this is difficult because you essentially have the clash of the desires of two...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sustainer I'm not going to encourage a woman to have a baby and give it away. I don't think it's fair to the child. (OR to the mother.) I personally think that the responsible thing to do is either raise the child yourself or terminate the pregnancy. I also think it's emotionally healthier for the mother, in general. Wow. You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't understand the logic of how ending a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sustainer Um, having a baby means more than having to take a semester off. People don't have abortions because gee they might have to take a semester off. Actually, they do. I've seen it done for less. Quote: The pro-choice movement does not support abortions for women who do not want them. No, they don't. But IMO (and it's just IMO), they don't stand up for women who want to have...
Quote: Originally Posted by kavamamakava I never had any meat, fish, poultry or any dead animals in my entire life (knowingly) but I suddenly started craving fish this pregnancy. I had some fish and chips and it really hit the spot. It was so weird. But I'm still pregnant and not craving it and am a bit revolted by the thought of eating it. Weird pregnancy. heh I took a midwifery intensive course a while ago with a wonderul teacher, who told...
Quote: Originally Posted by CookieMonsterMommy Kelly, Is there anyone here who is debating that a fetus has the same genetic make-up as an 80 y/o?? Maybe not. I was just responding to the poster who said that an embryo/fetus is not a baby. An embryo is not a fetus, for that matter. Mentioning different stages of development, IMO, is scientifically irrelevant. Quote: Sorry, but I won't listen to anyone's "point" about taking...
My oldest son (and second child), now almost 20, is circumcised. It was against my better judgement that I let it happen, but at the time I had no line of defence (no educational info, no mothering group, no resources) when both my MIL and mother talked me into doing it. Consequently my son was two weeks old when it was done, and I was in the next room. I heard him scream as he was cut, and at the time I'd never, ever heard a scream like that coming from a human being. ...