or Connect

Posts by yrokach

Ah, that's a different link than you previously sent. Yes, now I can read it. Thanks so much for your help and suggestions.
Thank you so much for your time and response Dr. Sears. Yes, we'll skip the trip to Israel this year and forgo the vaccination. Thanks for confirmation that the risk from cross-contamination from visitors is low. That was my main concern. All the best. By the way, I just grabbed another copy of your book, but the 2011 version. I'm looking forward to seeing what's new and updated in there. Thanks again.
Thank you very much for your response Dr. Neustaedter. I appreciate your perspective. I'm going to hold off on vaccination for now, not travel to Israel this year, and work on boosting my children's immune systems with vitamin c this winter. If there is a polio outbreak in Canada or the US, I'll revisit the issue. The Cure Child web site looks great. I'll sign up. The Cure Guide site is in another language, so I can't read it, but, the former should suffice. I'm...
That's a good point about the Russian Roulette idea. I've thought about that. I've also thought about the fact that only 5% of polio cases are paralytic. My big concern is that they are administering the live polio vaccine, which is easily spread through feces - which is the point of the vaccine. If someone vaccinated visits here, the chance of transmission is higher. Israel is also now considering vaccinating the entire population, which would make the risk of...
Hi there, I've posted this on the general forum, but wanted your advice as well, as I've read your book and found it very informative. My two kids, 3 and 5 are not vaccinated. I feel pretty confident about that these days. We typically visit family in Israel in the winter, but I now understand that there has been detection of the polio virus in sewage in southern Israel and they've identified individual 1000 carriers in the south of the country. It's the same strain...
Hi there, I've posted this on the general forum, but wanted your advice as well, as I've read your book and found it very informative. My two kids, 3 and 5 are not vaccinated. I feel pretty confident about that these days. We typically visit family in Israel in the winter, but I now understand that there has been detection of the polio virus in sewage in southern Israel and they've identified individual 1000 carriers in the south of the country. It's the same strain...
Hi folks,   Thanks for all the tips, resources and advice.  I've decided not to travel to Israel this year and kind of wait and see what's going on there.  And yes, they are trying to administer the OPV to 150,000 children in the south of the country.  What I want to know is whether you think I should be worried about encountering polio in our community, as many of our friends and kids from my daughter's school visit israel.  that would mean we're in contact with...
Hi there, My two kids, 3 and 5 are not vaccinated. I feel pretty confident about that these days. We typically visit family in Israel in the winter, but my mom just sent me a link to a news article about the detection of the polio virus in sewage in Israel. It's the same strain that is endemic to Pakistan. So far, 7 people have been found to have the virus. At any rate, my sister in-law and her kids are returning this weekend from a 2 year post-doc position in...
How do I get on the no vax facebook group?
i'm basically hoping to get some support from like minded individuals. i literally don't know of anyone else in toronto who hasn't vaccinated. my one girlfriend from toronto who didn't vaccinate, now lives in san fran. she suggested i look for a group of no-vax parents in t.o. basically, i have pressure from my doctor, my parents and my in-laws, and it's nice to check in at time with others to get encouragement that i'm making the right decision. Y