or Connect

Posts by dearmama22

thank you everyone! I added a picture wall up my staircase the other day and will add pictures to it as they come.. http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...2/IMG_4283.jpg We also added a live plant to the kitchen area. My husbands not a fan of it but I think it really adds some good color! I also changed the pillows which I love. Not seen in this picture, but we added a fake plant inside the fire place which I like....
Quote: Originally Posted by mokey4 My daughter is cautious for some reason, I think it's just her temperament. I actually wish she were just a little more daring! She didn't start walking until 16 months, probably because she's so cautious. But it's good in a lot of ways, because I know that I can trust her to not do anything stupid like jump off a 6 foot ledge. I give her a pretty free rein, for the most part. And as long as I have time & energy, I...
we just let ours do whatever he wants as long as he isn't seriously hurting himself. hE is 17 months He stands in the shower. He plays with anything- he played with a pizza cutter the other day (supervised) outside for 20 minutes and loved it! Some people freaked out by it but I don't see the problem with it. It's not like it was a knife or something! He will ALWAYS wear his helmet. He climbs stairs up and down by himself and has been for many many...
Quote: Originally Posted by AFWife Have you thought about removing the doors and trying to put up drapes in a simple fabric you like? HOnestly, I really don't like the look of drapes
Quote: Originally Posted by goddessjulia wow, is your kitchen always that clean?? I have removed the upper cabinet doors in 2 kitchens now, so I'm definitely a fan of taking them off! and I don't even have cute dishes I've always left the lower ones on. waaay too messy, and too inviting for the littles I store glasses upside down to avoid dust getting in them... although I don't do that with mugs, so I'm not sure why I bother things don't seem to...
Quote: Originally Posted by thriftyqueen I think you could get away with it (on the top cabinets only) if you arrange the cabinets really nice and make sure that the different colors of dishes are stacked together so they don't look cluttered and disorganized. If you have four colors of plates make sure when they are stacked that you stacked them with all the orange, then all the yellow, then all the green....Does that make sense? Basically, if you...
Quote: Originally Posted by Traci mom23boys When I lived in a house with hideous cabinets I took the doors off and painted the insides white. I loved them! I love open shelving. I have all my pantry items in different jars on an antique postal cabinet sitting on my counter. Your dishes are lovely (i have fiestaware too). I think it would look great. The insides of your cabinets look good so, you wouldn't even have to paint. You could add baskets for...
if this helps, here is one looking out from the kitchen- you can see part of the other rooms. thank ya! http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...2/IMG_4220.jpg oh, also, here is what a couple of the shelves would look like if they were open. This is actually very functional, if not more so cause you don't have to open the door! I put the decorative piece on the top because I can't reach up there any way ...
We just moved into this house about 7 months ago so we still have A LOT that we want to do, but this is it for now. I also have a lot of things I need to add to the walls.. obviously! If you have any suggestions I would love them! This is just my downstairs- it is an open floor plan. colors of walls- the kitchen is a light green (looks lighter in the pictures ) family room is gold/yellow (looks more yellow in pics than it really is- we also rarley have the light on...
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebunny I definitely would leave them on. I am a big fan of open shelving but I prefer it in a bright, open space (no offense, it wouldn't look good in my kitchen, either). I think taking the doors off would make your kitchen looks smaller and more cramped. Plus, it looks like you have a lot of things in your cabinets and it would be hard to arrange it all both artistically and functionally. I second the idea of...