or Connect

Posts by dearmama22

moving in this weekend so haven't painted anything yet.
Here is a picture. The floors are hardwood . http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...22/kitchen.jpg http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...22/kitchen.jpg
Quote: Originally Posted by Sophiasmomma we have alot of toys its my biggest weakness..my children really love alot of their toys and as long a sit all has a place, they can keep it. I am striving for it to all be very organized and so far its begining to work My DH and I converted one of our garages 2 years ago to a playroom so its a pretty good size we have 4 of these in natural wood http://www.target.com/Closetmaid-Sto...ode=1283871011 I have...
We have A LOT of books. About 4 or 5 boxes worth. We also have a small house! I'm trying to figure out where to put them all. Ideally I will probably have some in my sons room (10 months) and some in the family room. How do you store your books? I have looked up the idea of rain shutter bookshelves which looks cool for a kids room- easier to see the books and put away. For the family room though, I'm not sure what to do. In our old house we had about 20 books or...
Oh my gosh that picture of you snow sledding with you kid on your back is so cool. Beautiful! I am definately going to try that- great idea! I'm on facebook too- Samantha Mellen and blog mamanotes.com
Quote: Originally Posted by Begooddogood I know how you feel. My husband and I just moved here from Salt Lake City, where we lived for 4 years. We were excited too and Anchorage hasnt let us down. I had never even been here before and my husband was only up here once to interview. Anchorage has it all. ITs not as isolated as i thought it would be. Tons of grocery stores-the big box ones are Fred Meyer and Carrs. If you shop organic both Fred Meyer and...
you sound just like I was. I hated the paci and refused to give my son one. Then one day, when he was 3 months old and I was going crazy, I gave it to him. Once you start there's no going back! It's awful! I have a love/hate relationship with it. It is great for sleeping, car rides, etc. I try not to let him have it unless he is in the car or sleeping. He has learned to put it in his mouth by himself but when he wakes up in the middle of the night he can't find...
I don't know, I guess I COULD go snowshoeing wtih my son. I was thinking I couldnt' for some reason but we're going to try it!
We are in South Anchorage. I would love any links to good day cares that you know of. I am looking for something for the possibility of drop in for things like job interviews and then on a regular basis if/when I have a job. it would be so cool to go to a daycare from a Mothering mama!!
thanks spruce!! My husband and I (and 9 month old son) want to do something fun tomorrow. Any suggestions?? We haven't done much in the town because my husband has been so busy with his classroom. But he is done with school and we want to do some fun stuff before school starts again and we go back to OR for Christmas. We have a son who is 9 months old, so unfourtuantely we can't do anything outside like snow shooeing or skiing although we REALLY want to!!...