or Connect

Posts by soxthecatrules

It's been a long time since I posted on MDC.  But, I feel compelled to answer this thread.  My husband is skeptical about homeschooling.  Actually, he is more worried about my ability to follow-through and getting stuff done.    I had to cave and agree to use one of our state's k12.com public school virtual academies.  This could be used as a last resort if you needed to.  I just decided that I would rather public school at home than to send our kiddos to a local...
I don't know how I feel about angels. I guess I need to study more about them and how they fit into Christianity. The person I speak of believes one of my children is an incarnated angel.
I'm not so sure I would call it ignorance. We each have different things we're comfortable with. When I first came to MDC many things (from CD to EBF) were foreign to me and I wasn't comfortable with at all. To address the issue of the occult....there may be a ring of truth with that in some stores. There are places here in town that some of my Christian friends will NEVER set foot in. That's their choice and I respect it. I don't have a problem going into...
Thanks Genifer! I'm trying to get various POV to help me through this journey. I guess I'm at the point where I'm okay with some of forms of yoga, most oils, and some crystals. Readings, cards, etc. I'm a bit uncomfortable with. Something for you to think about....My understanding of the oils and crystals is that they are going to have their healing effect even if you don't say a prayer or incantation or whatever over them. Many of the modern pharmaceuticals have...
what practices of spiritualism do you use and what do you leave out? And why? Do you think the two can be combined? i.e.---you may be okay with the use of crystals and essential oils and practice yoga on a regular basis, but, do not believe in angels or psychic readings, etc. TIA
BBL to thoroughly read through these posts. I have a relative that believes one of my children is an incarnated angel.
I'm crashing your DDC....I personally see GREAT value in the GD test for many women. Lack of risk factors doesn't exempt you from developing it. Had GD with both babes....one time it was controlled...and one time it wasn't. You don't want GD to go uncontrolled...I know from experience. HOWEVER, in your case, I would probably decline the test. It sounds like you're already being watched like a hawk. I'm not sure I see the point in your situation. Even in my case if...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sustainer I already threw it out, and it actually gave me quite a feeling of satisfaction. I sympathize with your situation, but no one I know has a baby and physically can't breastfeed. Besides, I'd much rather promote the establishment of milk banks and wetnursing networks for mothers is such situations than distribute formula. When I was lactating I would have been quite willing to wetnurse for a mother who physically...
It just makes me sad when I see people say to just throw it out. As a mama who couldn't BF b/c she had to have over 1/2 of her breast tissue removed for medical reasons...these samples would have been more than welcomed. Just find some way to donate without compromising your personal values regarding BF.
I'm so so sorry mama. Its hard to hear comments like that when you know you're doing the best for your children.