or Connect

Posts by MomOf3boyz

If she has a sore neck due to a cold draft, perhaps a warm compress will help your DD more than ice. We have had luck making a fun warm compress by microwaving a "fun" looking hand towel. That may help the pain, and help her feel special at the same time.
I do a combination of what the previous two mamas do. I will feel for fever and offer juice, etc if there is no fever. Even if there is a fever, I will often watch that fever and let it do its work before I offer medication to lower it. For pain, I almost never give medicine. Headaches I will send my LO to bed to sleep a bit, and most owies are magically 'fixed' when I give a bandaid on the offending bump. Bandaids aren't cheap, but I feel better using a band aid...
We've had good luck at JcPenney's
I have a very good friend who is a director at a domestic violence shelter here in town, so I will preface my advice with the 'knowledge' that it may be coming from a different perspective than most. I am no expert in this by any means, but this is how I would handle it. I would call and explain the situation to a counselor at a domestic violence shelter. You can remain anonymous when calling there, and thus eliminate the possibility of the school immediately getting...
To help our children feel more empowered we always brush first. When we are done, we let them go in and finish to make sure that mom or dad didn't miss anything. For us this helps them learn the technique and it helps us make sure that their teeth are really clean. We stopped doing this for our first child when he was 5 or so, and will probably have to start letting our DS (who is now four) do his own once he hits pre-k in the fall.
Quote: Originally Posted by Alyantavid Both my 7 and 3 year old have seen the first few movies. We didn't show my oldest until he was 5ish but before that he was really sensitive to what he watched. I say wait until you feel they'd be ok watching it. This is us, almost exactly. (other than I have a 7 and 4 year old) We have watched one and two with both kids, and parts of three with our 7 year old. Our 7 year old is pretty...
I hope you aren't feeling hurt by anything that was said here You handled the situation very well. The moment that your daughters face got dark, she felt embarrassed, and I don't think that you said anything to make the situation worse for her at all. Protecting the computer browsing is a great place to start. However, if she has questions/curiosities then she will find a way to research those. I would just take a very proactive approach from here on out with your...
I had implantation spotting with all three of my pregnancies, and every one got a BFP 5 days after spotting.
Quote: Originally Posted by alexsam I say this gently... there is nothing to do. You are getting a slew of questionable results. This means: 1.) You are too early to get a clearly positive result on all tests due to varying sensitivities of the tests and urine concentration. If you are pregnant, then this will change in a few days and there is nothing else to do but wait for those pretty pink lines to come up that no one needs to squint for. And if you...
My sister lives in Chicago and we frequently take our DS's to places down in that area. I would love to know the name of the place as well. Thanks in advance.