or Connect

Posts by ~kitnkaboodle~

Quote: Originally Posted by savithny I deal with my child's allergies on a daily basis. Do I know as much about allergies in general as an allergist or immunologist? My DH grew up with an alcoholic parent. Does that experience make him an expert in the psychology of Adult Children of Alcoholics or the efficacty of AA as a recovery program? Did I say that? Nope don't think I did. I never said I was an expert but you seem to think that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jennifer Z I know a girl who was undergoing evals to see if she had FAS/FAE vs ODD or ADHD...things along those lines, but not bipolar. I am not the mom of a bipolar child, but know an unusual amount of bipolar kids because they are a part of the special needs support groups and I have never heard of bipolar and FAS being confused. I would really question a professionals credentials & competence who maintained that they...
IMHO opinion I would wait at least 3-6 months before introducing him as mommy's boyfriend. That's my rule anyways because I always want to make sure that its going to be a stable long term relationship. I hope whatever you decide to do that it works out for the best.
You definately aren't the only one. My boyfriend and I are going to be TTCing as soon as I have some tests done and well my son is only 8.5 months... We're waiting till probably january though so I have a higher chance of having the VBAC I want.
Rainbowmoon- Fingers crossed for you... Its always tough house hunting. I think that's my least fave part about moving lol is finding the right place.
I have found the godsend of all cleaners and I am SOOOOO Happy that I did.... It cut my cleaning time by 30 mins... Like wow I didn't have to spend all night in my bathroom scrubbing my toilet and bathtub like i normally do and I also didn't feel lightheaded from the fumes because there were none. Melalueca is my newest bestfriend.
Quote: Originally Posted by MittensKittens I have just been participating in a thread about homebirth on a forum from my country of residence. Just wanted to check in here to see there are indeed gentle, non judging, self informing mamas waiting on MDC. The first comment was "so if you homebirth you must be one of those crazy Americans who holds their baby all the time and doesn't vaccinate." Well, if you want to put it like that, YEP, that's me ....
Hey guys. I feel like I am very fortunate in my introvertedness. I have a park just down the street that isn't too busy and we go later in the evening when people would usually be eating supper. I also am very fortunate that most of my time is spent at home and also that I don't see my boyfriend often. I get the best of the introverted world.
Quote: Originally Posted by -bekkie- Alcohol is worse than heroine? cocaine? meth? really? ..... I have a hard time believing that Umm those are all teterogens just like alcohol. They are Just as bad. My point in stating that FAS/FAE happens with minimal alcohol was not to scare the OP. I do however think if you read the book I mentioned you would have a different perspective on how common FAS/FAE actually is. This book was not written by a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tattooed Hand Well, my mom drank before she knew she was pregnant with me and she drank moderately while she was pregnant (1 -3 drinks a week) because that was the norm in the country she lived in at the time. I am 33, about to finish a PhD at Harvard, have been in a steady and happy marriage for close to 6 years (9 years for the relationship) and have never had memory and mental health or physical problems. Also, my father is...