or Connect

Posts by drnmd1216

Quote: Originally Posted by RachelEve14 I always wanted twins, ever since I was a little girl. I was overjoyed when we found out it was twins Call me crazy, but I'd love twins again Ditto!!!! I prayed and hoped and was always disappointed after each initial u/s to find out we were only having one. Two days before I got the bfp for the twins, I opened up a fortune cookie that said "your dreams are about to come true" (and you better believe...
I know I got a bfp on a digital test at 11 dpo and I thought that was pretty early for that!!!
I loved having twins and its been easier then I thought it would be. My house was already total chaos anyways though with the ages of my other kids lol !! I would love one more set of twins to complete our family, but only if I could carry them, then someone else could have the c-section, and then I could take care of them after that. The twins' c-section was a nightmare! I always wanted twins btw....and was always hoping really hard/then bummed after each u/s...
I don't know how anyone can make it past a year-this is the longest I have ever made it and the boys are driving me insane. I feed them both together, football hold-and I have 4 arms batting at me, pinching me, pulling my hair, poking at my eyes, etc. When they aren't going after me, they are going after each other and getting the other crying. They are also pulling off like crazy and biting. I can't do anything while I am feeding them-I used to be able to read a book or...
I would LOVE 7 children and always have had that number in my heart, but I think my body will probably only take 1 more pregnancy/delivery (since I have c-sections). Still is a tiny bit of hope though-I could always get one more set of twins.
I have definately found it easier for me to feed them at the same time. For the first month, I slept in a chaise and spent most of my nights sleeping with two babies latched on to me. Eventually, I started sleeping in my own bed again, but would sit up and feed the babies for their hour feedings when need be (and I learned to sleep sitting up pretty easily!!) I do the same now, except now most nights, they sleep completely through the night and don't wake up to eat...
Quote: My midwife told me (beforehand) that their biggest complication with twin births in her practice is hemorrhage. Thats actually very reassuring...makes me feel less broken. No one ever mentioned the increased risk to me throughout the pregnancy so it was a HUGE surprise when it happened and I spent the first pp month trying to figure out why my body failed me at that time after I did so well the entire pregnancy (making it 38.5 weeks with great...
I hemorrhaged pretty bad after the birth of my twins. I have read that having twins really ups your chances of hemorrhaging bc there are 2 placental sites, plus uterus is usually really overstretched. Just wondering how common it really is with twins. We still want another child or two in the future, but I am kind of freaked out by this last hemorrhage (after having 3 REALLY easy deliveries and recoveries).
I just had my sister and her fiance over and I made a fortress of couch pillows in front of me when it was time to feed the babies. : I find it nearly impossible to be discreet and its hard bc babies eat often/we have a lot of visitors at times. I just do what I have to do to get them fed and not flash my guests too much.
I have 5 and I thought I would feel done after the twins (any sane person with 5 kids, 4 and under would), yet here it is almost 4 months after the twins were born and my dh and I are wanting at least one more child really bad (not that we will get pg anytime soon while bf'ing twins). But that baby fever has definately hit full force again! We would actually LOVE another set of twins to hopefully complete our family-we have such wonderful children I can't think of...