or Connect

Posts by cloudbutterfly

Things that have worked well for us:   http://www.silikids.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=7   https://www.navanfoods.com/other/green-living/onyx-stainless-steel-tumbler   Instead of a sippy cup (his pediatrician recommended drinking through straw over getting hooked on sippy cups...we've mostly used it for smoothies):  http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Phases-Stainless-Bottle-Yellow/dp/B00318CO6G/   and now that he's bigger:...
Curious George on PBS (the recently-made ones) should fit what you're looking for.  It's a wonderful show.  You might try Sid the Science Kid in a few months...DS wasn't interested in that one until he was about 2.5.
We went through a similar thing, but at a younger age, where my son just wanted me to draw trains.  Taking a break from drawing, getting him a $15 easel at Ikea, and introducing him to new media (markers, tempera and watercolors) all inspired him to do his own thing.  I kind of missed him wanting me to draw trains after a while.  :-)  I recommend the Crayola tempera paints...they're reasonable washable and much brighter than any other brand we tried.   Another thing...
Sounds like a 2.5 year old to me.  Pretty much every kid we know around my son's age (both from AP families and more middle of the road families) started a bunch of new, challenging behaviors about a month after they hit the 2.5 year mark.  We're almost to three years old now, and most of it has gotten better, through a combination of him settling into this new developmental stage, us learning new parenting tactics through trial and error, and my addressing the...
  I love this!
"You look so happy!" is a good one, if you want to mix it up when appropriate.  :-)  I use that when I'm taking photos of girls playing dress up at my son's preschool, when they're showing of their outfits and beaming, and it seems to go over well.  And remember you can do a lot with your tone of voice, injecting how beautiful you think they are into a statement of fact.  I do that a lot with injecting a "good job!" tone into talking about what my son specifically did....
I was a young writer.  I was a couple years older than your son when my parents got me a copy of Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, and I learned to type pretty quickly from that.  Not super well, but well enough.  I didn't become a really fast touch typer until I was a teenager and talking to friends online on a BBS.  I think having the motivation to type faster and better (in my case, my friends) really helps, and it sounds like your son has a great motivation at the moment,...
My son still calls himself "you" at 33 months old, and while he can tell you his full name if asked directly his name for himself is a combination of my pet name for him and "you."  (Although at this point he's more likely to speak in third person as whatever imaginary character he is pretending to be at the moment as to call himself by his name for himself).  We are pretty sure he calls himself that because that's what he's always heard from us.  He has...
DS is 2 years, 9 months old, and he just in the past month got over his fear of hand dryers.  I don't have any wisdom on how to get over a fear like this, because it was all him.  He decided he wanted to be brave and give it a try right after he went through the 2.5 year developmental leap.   I'm waiting to see if his fear of the bathroom at his preschool is still in effect when classes start up again in a few weeks.  On the first day of school last year, I...
We have this:  http://www.amazon.com/Mommys-Helper-15301-Cushie-Traveler/dp/B000F1O8T8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1344491083&sr=8-4&keywords=folding+potty+training+seat   It fits in my (medium-large sized, but not huge) purse.  There's the occasional toilet that's a little wide for it, so you have to take note of that when you're setting things up and just make sure to spot your kid a little more closely.   We have the Potette, too, but DS has never agreed to sit on it.