or Connect

Posts by cloudbutterfly

You will be shocked at how fast that time goes!  Things really speed up once they're walking.  We initially wanted to have two, two years apart.  My son is going to be 3 in a few months, and I'm still not ready for another one, and it's gone by so quickly.   I agree with the others that it would be best to wait until your boyfriend is on the same page as you.  It's hard enough to nurture a relationship with your partner with a toddler around...add in having another baby...
Chess is Child's Play - I've only read the first few chapters, but it seems great so far.
My DS hit a new level of interest in crying and sadness in the last month or two, right around when he turned 2.5.  He asks me to "fake cry" a lot, and will have me go back to the part of a book where the main character was sad.
One thing to keep in mind is that once they stop moving, their weight gain slows down.  WAY down with an active kid.  DS has only gained a handful of pounds in the year and a half plus since he started walking/running.  So the carrier may work for you longer than you think.  Obviously, you don't want to be doing that forever, though.  :-)  But I've found that sometimes all it takes to get past a phase where things aren't working is to do whatever it takes to avoid the...
I've always backed off when we've hit resistance, and I haven't regretted it once.  I feel like it lets the source of DS's motivation come from within him again.  The trick is to back off long enough for them to forget they were saying "no" to it, and then make potty exciting again.   In the past, I've done that by getting new potty books, new undies, coming up with a new activity to do on his "potty table" (really a wide stool he was too short to sit on when we got...
Ditto on the height issue.  The balance bike we got for my tall 2.5 year old barely works for him...WITH the lowering kit that's supposed to make it useable at 18+ months.  He's only been on it a couple of times because it's not comfortable for him yet.
I'm another Pedoodles fan.  I think they're wider than See Kai Run, but my son has my narrow feet, so they all seem wide.  But Pedoodles strike me as wide and boxy in the fit.
This is a great set for the serious Duplo builder (I got it because all the cars and the windows are very good for building trains) plus it doesn't come with a tub:  http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-9230-DUPLO-Town-Set/dp/B001AZ4K82/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337838078&sr=8-1   I usually buy Duplo from Amazon or from the Lego site...always check the price on Amazon again lego.com to make sure it's a good deal.
I have hammer toes on one foot from going through a growth spurt and not being able to get new figure skates for several weeks after they were needed.  But I was 11 or so at the time, and those were very thick, stiff leather skates.  And I think I lost a toenail...man, I must have really loved to skate?  The point being that it took some seriously small and confining shoes and it was obvious that I was in pain at the time.  My feet are fine, though, other than my toes...
We have a "table" (really a stool that was too tall for him to sit on until recently) that we put in front of his potty.  We've done everything from putting wooden train tracks to sticker books to markers and paper on it, and also resting all of the books, books, books that I've entertained him with.  I agree with the other that a restraining tray wouldn't be a great idea, but it's been essential having the table to provide the incentive to sit down when he's feeling...