or Connect

Posts by Skywise

No advice, but my ds is 15 months old and the exact same way!! I would be so happy if I could just nurse him a few times a day instead of off and on all day and night. There are times I've been so tempted to just wean him completely because I feel like I can't take it anymore.
We were without a bank account for about a year and it was a huge pain. We had to pay fees to cash checks, fees for money orders, money for stamps and envelopes. I am so happy now that we have a bank and we can pay bills online or with a debit card.
I have a feeling you won't see any of the money unfortunately. I have been on both sides of the situation. When I was much younger and stupid I totaled a woman's car and I didn't have insurance. She took me to court but for some reason they threw it out and nothing happened to me, no tickets, no points on my license, it didn't affect my insurance when I did get it. Looking back that doesn't seem fair at all. Not too long ago we were hit by a woman who didn't have...
Quote: Originally Posted by Theia It kinda does make more sense. But there should be other methods of dealing with even thrift store rejects aside from it ending up in a landfill. It could be sent back overseas to really impoverished areas. In many areas that are severely impoverished pretty much everything has a second, third and fourth life. I know it's still harsh environmentally cuz of the pollution associated with shipping. But seems like many...
We keep life insurance even when we are strapped. I would hate to have dh die *and* have the extra stress of worrying about money. Dh and my brother used to sell insurance and they both say that whole life is a huge rip off.
Quote: Originally Posted by KarlaC Hah that IS perfect too. I think I'll be able to swing that & the photo album idea all in one shot just in time. Thank you everyone for all the help, I find myself a little overwhelmed emotionally right now so it's harder to think/plan a lot of the time. Another thing to consider is taking a LOT of photos of him before he leaves. Then as the baby gets older, show the baby photos of Daddy so that, when he...
You have to get out of default first before you can get a deferment though.
Your tax return is going to be taken, there is really no way around it. You can file an injured spouse and get about half of it back since the loans aren't in your dh's name. Have you talked to whoever has your loans about rehab? They are supposed to take whatever is reasonable and affordable. If the collection agency won't work with you then call the Dept of Education and find out who the liasion is for the particular collection agency that has your loan. If they...
Quote: Originally Posted by griffin2004 raise your insurance deductibles as high as you can if it will lower your premiums One thing Dave Ramsey said that I had never thought about before, was to make sure it's worth it to up your deductible. Like on your car insurance for example, if you go from a $500 to a $1000 deductible, how long will it take you to make up that $500 on your premiums. If you only save like $10 a month on your premium it...
Instead of using sponges to wash dishes I use very rough wash cloths. I keep my steel wool in ziplock bag in the freezer, it doesn't rust (I've had the same piece of steel wool for over 2 years )