or Connect

Posts by anyalily

I know that if I just turn it off I'll do other things. Like surf this board! LOL But I love to journal and I am a neurotic list maker. It is actually relaxing for me to make lists... And I can lay on the floor and do yoga and pilates while DD plays. And I can leave the house a second time and play at the park or get ice cream. I hate those darn stairs but hey, free exercise! LOL I can read. WHen I am in a novel I don't turn the boob tube on. And I can play...
I have a 12 mo DD. I have been living in Eastern Europe for the past few months. Fifth floor, no elevator, no balcony... We basically have one room that we sleep and play in. We leave the house every day for a few hours but spend a lot of time indoors. I am alienated and bored and have had the tv on too much lately. I hate the kid's stuff so she has only seen a bit of it... But I have had the news or cooking shows or movies on a lot... I'm sick of it. It...
My 12 mo DD is offered food at (almost) every meal and whenever she makes the food sign, which is infrequently. That being said there is very little she'll actually EAT. She plays with it still. Won't eat anything from a spoon except ice cream and pudding (which she rarely gets). We still breastfeed on demand and she was a super chunk baby. She is growing taller but hasn't gained much in the past few months. But she is happy and chubby and developmentally growing...
We live in a similar set up but waayyy smaller kitchen and we just dedicated one cabinet to food. We also have a hall that leads to the laundry room with a small bookcase that I put my jars of beans and spice rack on. Those are things I can stand to look at. Mac n cheese, not so much. By the way, your horrid space looks like my dream home. Beautiful place!
I am not a UCer but I read here for inspiration about home birth and self-reliance. I did, however, have a long pregnancy with questionable dates resulting in care providers recommending an induction. We induced with accupuncture. I went into hard labor 8 hours after the session. She was born 35 hours later. I wasn't going into labor because she hadn't fully engaged due to the cord twice around her neck. I worked and worked for a full day and then transferred after we...
Quote: Originally Posted by tbone_kneegrabber when ds rides in the high car cart at lowes he yells "run run run" at people and wants me to chase them like he's going to run them down! (luckily he's hard to understand so no one knows what he's saying yet) cracks me up though!!! laughed aloud this
We trained my father to empty his pockets into a bowl when he came for a visit because one day after he was on the floor playing I found a pill and loose change. Ack! Ever since that he empties everything before hand. Scared both of us! Beyond that we put things up that she could hurt herself on, hid breakables and covered wires and sockets. We are going to keep the bathroom door closed (maybe a latch when she gets old enough to reach the knob) and when I am cooking...
Stella is better but her symptoms are still puzzling! She hasn't been warm since her last motrin dose yesterday afternoon, so almost 24 hours without a fever. (She may be a tiny bit warm but seems pretty normal.) She also didn't sleep more than usually yesterday, even a bit less... One nap. But this morning she woke up with one bright red cheek and a red "bite" on her other cheek. Perhaps one or two more new spots on her legs. I thought of Fifth disease where the...
Dessismama, what is CO? I think I will get her titers checked if we have to do bloodwork. I hope we don't tho. No needles for my baby, please! Her fever was lower today and she didn't seem so sleepy. I wonder if we are at the end of whatever it is.
Hmmm. Yes, I had it as a teenager and we breastfeed all day and night. My intuition is telling me this is a light case.