or Connect

Posts by anyalily

Thanks! I am not sure how I could do lozenges and things like that since she is 12 mo, but I appreciate all the suggestions! The strange thing is that the Dr we saw is convinced it is not chicken pox. Hmmm. She has fever and sleepiness for three days but very few and mild spots. Anyone experienced a case of pox like this?
I had this problem and her happy spitting sort of morphed into unhappy spitting and colic. From 5 weeks on. No fun. Lots of crying over spilt milk. For both of us. I have a ton of milk and a rapid letdown. I was nursing her constantly, too often. In my inexperience I thought nursing on demand meant nursing every time there is a peep of dissatisfaction. I think I was nursing her when she wasn't asking for it and was perhaps bored or wet or needed to be burped. I was...
Hi! I've been wanting to post about DD's 1st bday but hadn't gotten around to it. She was one on June 29th, not technically July, but close enough. Right now she is sleeping next to Dada which is both her favorite man and her favorite word. We play a game where we sing, :can you say eh?" and she says "eh" and then I sing "and can you say mama?". Without fail she says "dada". It is like a game. Sometimes she even says it before I finish the second line! She does say...
My 12 mo has about 7 spots that look like mosquito bites but she has a few more every day. They are not oozing but the older ones are scabs. They don't seem itchy. A few days after the first spot she spiked a fever, up to 102 F. And some mild diarrhea for two days. We went to the doc because she had an ear infection recently and he told us to bring her in at any sign of worsening. Fortunately no sign of ear infections anymore. He sort of poo pooed the pox theory...
The first thing asked when a baby is born is "is it a boy or a girl" and then we make judgments based on that. "Oh, they got their girl." or "oh, boys are harder!"... I do it myself. It is ingrained! Our midwives encouraged us to look and see the sex of our baby when she was born and said that people often forget to look while they are falling in love with him/her. It is often a grandparent who says, "well, what is it?" I wonder how we would be if it didn't matter...
Is it a kid party or mostly adults? My LO just turned one and we had the party in a cafe and ordered a cake and bought everyone drinks or coffees. It was a kid friendly place but was fun for the adults...
Not sure how much you have but what about drying some and milling it for corn meal. Polenta, corn bread, sauces, tortillas. Mmm.
What about scanning the pages that mean anything to you and then letting them go? I love technology!:
Have you ever heard of CSA or subscription farms? Many areas have them and they are great. In our area we can get a box of local, nonsprayed produce for $17 a week and they deliver it! Or we can pick it up. They even have work trades where you can pack boxes for a few hours and get your veggies free. I don't buy the things that peel organic if there is a real price difference. Cucumbers, citrus, melons. I won't give nonorganic berries and soft skinned fruit to DD and...
I'm a late starter but I can't fathom pottying at night. I love sleeping through with her just nursing! That being said I have noticed that sometimes she wakes up a little more and seems a little more agitated than just wanting to nurse. I think those are the times when she would rather potty. I will work up to that when we are catching most of the daytime peeps.