or Connect

Posts by anyalily

The first thing asked when a baby is born is "is it a boy or a girl" and then we make judgments based on that. "Oh, they got their girl." or "oh, boys are harder!"... I do it myself. It is ingrained! Our midwives encouraged us to look and see the sex of our baby when she was born and said that people often forget to look while they are falling in love with him/her. It is often a grandparent who says, "well, what is it?" I wonder how we would be if it didn't matter...
Is it a kid party or mostly adults? My LO just turned one and we had the party in a cafe and ordered a cake and bought everyone drinks or coffees. It was a kid friendly place but was fun for the adults...
Not sure how much you have but what about drying some and milling it for corn meal. Polenta, corn bread, sauces, tortillas. Mmm.
What about scanning the pages that mean anything to you and then letting them go? I love technology!:
Have you ever heard of CSA or subscription farms? Many areas have them and they are great. In our area we can get a box of local, nonsprayed produce for $17 a week and they deliver it! Or we can pick it up. They even have work trades where you can pack boxes for a few hours and get your veggies free. I don't buy the things that peel organic if there is a real price difference. Cucumbers, citrus, melons. I won't give nonorganic berries and soft skinned fruit to DD and...
I'm a late starter but I can't fathom pottying at night. I love sleeping through with her just nursing! That being said I have noticed that sometimes she wakes up a little more and seems a little more agitated than just wanting to nurse. I think those are the times when she would rather potty. I will work up to that when we are catching most of the daytime peeps.
My 12 mo girl does that when I try to do anything other than focus on her completely. I take it as a sign that I am too distracted and if it something that can wait, I put it aside and sit down and give her my full attention to see what she'll do next. Usually she will involve me in a game and we'll play for a few minutes. When she disengages and starts playing with something else I take it as a sign that I am can pick up my book or laptop or whatever... Also, I...
Five months is when the fog started lifting. By six, we were professionals and had a rhythm, even if it was not "by the clock." What helped me was co-sleeping as other PPs have said. She woke just as often but only for a split second, found the boob and we were good. Some mornings I don't even remember waking up. My DD had bad colic and we had a rough time, so I feel ya. And I understand not wanting him to get into the habit of nursing at every stir, but it may be...
Hmm, this is all very interesting! I have a DD who just turned one yesterday! : She is just getting into a really fun stage. I feel like she would be a great big sister but it would also be hard on her to have a new baby until she is old enough to understand what's going on... On the other hand I love the idea of them being close in age. And throw into the mix that Dh wants to be done with babies soon (not that he doesn't love babies but he doesn't want kids in the...
Yeah, back of the neck is what I have always done. Also, if she seems sweaty, fussy... My LO won't sleep if she is too warm... I think I overdressed her most of her early infancy... I think all mamas do that! When I started 'dressing her down' she was happier! In Hawaii I would probably not put her in much except on cool, drafty days. Probably a onsie only at home, and some pants when we went out. Footless sleepers at night.