or Connect

Posts by PDXmama77

I guess it just goes to show that discussing race is still very difficult. The great feminist acivist Audre Lorde cautions us of the dangers of trying to be "colorblind" (which is something that is really only an advantage to white people and does not recognize inequality), but how to discuss it? Like most white people living in a mostly white geographic area I am often concerned with not wanting to sound racist but to still be comfortable discussing race. My daughter is...
Thanks ladies! She is 9 weeks old and I am sure the texture will change. Right now her hair is slippery and soft. I guess my partner's hair was the same as a baby and then fell out and grew in coarser though his hair is still very soft. His fam calls it "the good hair." I appreciate the feedback and will try the pillowcase on the car seat trick as that is always what messes them up just when I get them gorgeous. Wow, I am really thinking twice about having used...
Hi all... I am new here so I do not know all of the abbreviations to bear with me. I am a white mama with a 1/2 AA baby with a FULL head of hair. The first thing the midwife said was "Look at all that hair!" It is curly when wet and then when it dries it just stands straight up. I have been putting apricot baby oil in it and have also tried a curling product (Curl Up) but do not really want to use chemicals. With the oil it is just curly on the bottom and then the rest...
Quote: Originally Posted by ibusymomto5 My ds does this in the late evening after cluster feeding for 2 or 3hrs. I think it's because he's impatient for a letdown. My supply always seems at its lowest at this time of day, especially after he cluster feeds like that. I've been doing gentle breast compressions when it happens and that seems to help a lot. My little guy likes milk flow and never misses a drop, just guzzles super fast when I letdown. ...