or Connect

Posts by homeschoolAK

So what is motivated moms? I have tried Flylady, but just can't seem to get my big butt in gear! LOL. Is there a site I can go to see what your talking about?
I wieghed 165 when I first got pregnant. The first 3 weeks I dropped down to 155, then I dropped to 147 at 7 1/2 weeks. From there my weight slowly went up to 179 the day before my twins were born(at 33 1/2 weeks). I walked out of the hospital at 138 a week later. Best diet I have ever had! LOL Both my girls were healthy at 4 10 and 6 1. They were each 18 inches long and had a head full of hair !! No time in NICU, just lots of rest as any newborn needs. Now they...
First of all (((HUGS))), I am so sorry you have had to deal with all this. Secound, you need to look into what the legal requirments are for your state. Here is the site to do that. http://www.hslda.org/Default.asp?bhcp=1 I also agree with PP about your DD needing time to heal. I also think you could use the time to heal as well. I recomend taking the rest of the year off then starting her in comunity college next fall. I wish you the best! Renae
My friends goat is having babies tonight!! I went over for a visit and the mama had mucus dripping so we know it will be soon. too bad I had to leave before they were born!! I really hope she holds out till morning though. Tonight is already below zero and the barn is not heated...
Quote: Originally Posted by 1stimestar What does the dunking in ice water do? I can't see a possible correlation? In all honesty I do not know how it works, I just know that it did for my chickens. Like I said before, I know it sounds cruel. I had tried everything before I did this. I had three different feeds in front of them, the oyster shells, fresh water twice a day, free range, everything I could think of! I didn't want to get rid of...
Quote: Originally Posted by bellevuemama I've been a flybaby before, I guess I should consider getting into it again. My problem was that I felt so overwhelmed with the 50 kazillion emails and just keeping up. how do you prevent that? Bellevuemama I don't open them. Most of them get deleted without being opened. The only one I open is the flytplan for the day, then once in a while I will read a testimonial. That is it. i also only log on 2...
I still gget thier e-mails. They have changed it a little so now you only get a few e-mails a day! Now instead of individual reminders they send you one e-mail called the flytplan for the day. Then we get about 3-4 others for testimonials and things like that. But the new system has really cut down on the e-mails! They just started it within the last month! As for starting over, I'm in!!! I have 4 young children and homeschool all of them so my house looks VERY lived...
When I was a teen some of my show chickens did this. Find the ones eating the eggs, and dunk them in ice water. I used the stock tank. Grab thier feet, plung them in the water and count to 3 really fast then pull them out. I know it sounds cruel, but it does work if you get them all within a few days. I had one chicken that actually had to be dunked several times befroe she finially stopped completely. Good luck.
I have always used wire cutters, it is harder to cut too short with them. I used them on sheep and goats for several years growing up. I started trimming hooves when I was 10.
We are supposed to have a budget of 813.20 for the thrifty plan. I actually spend an average of 500-600 a month. There are 6 of us,my husband and I and our 4 children ages 4,6,8,8. I am also a SAHM and Homeschool so we have lunches and full breakfasts in that budget. I thought we eat very well with meat at almost every meal, and a balanced diet. I do wish we could have more fresh fruit though, most of what we eat is canned... but that is not in the budget. More fresh salad...