or Connect

Posts by aspenleaves

I just switched from my levothyroxine (on it for 15 years) to a natural thyroid replacement (as opposed to the synthetic levo...). I never really had an issue with the levo, but since my daughter was born I have had different issues. Most recently just a combined ick.... tired when I wake up, crash at 1pm, general moodiness and fog.... After 2 hours on the natural thyroid my fog lifted. Literally I could feel it lift and I haven't wanted or needed a nap in over 2...
Maybe your thyroid or adrenals need to be checked.
I swear a great deal.... and am now having to curb it since my 5 year old will too.... I don't care that she swears, but it is culturally unaccepted and so feel like I need to guide her in the right direction. Basically what Alegna said.... swearing is like being naked, we can do it at home and only then only sometimes.... it depends on who we are with. My favorite it when we are out with friends and my dd throws up her hands at something that doesn't make sense...
Well, I think you have the right idea by allowing him an outlet but not letting on to your ex that he said anything. Of coarse it seems that your son may actually tell him that he told you.... it is awkward, and how frustrating that your ex has no sense of judgement in regard this HUGE piece of information that was given to your son. My focus too would be to find out why your son thinks you are not part of his dad's family, and also why he shouldn't tell anyone about...
Well at 3 isn't your older boy getting social interaction at the family day care? How many children are there? It would also depend on the preschool. As the PP said some preschools will be bad, or even worse. Do you have a preschool in mind? This would make all the difference to me. We have a totally wonderful play based preschool that is right on with me... I would not send my child to an ify preschool just for socialization. And 3 is still pretty young, you do...
I got some great insight from a musician teacher friend of mine (regarding an instrument for my 5 year old). She said that it is incredibly difficult to get a beautiful sound out of a violin, but it is incredibly easy to get a beatuful sound out of a piano.
Welcome to AZ.... we have a garden and grow all year round. Turnips, chard, carrots, brocc, cauliflour, onions, kale, lettuce, herbs... in the garden now - October. Where are you?
If you are having issues with yourself or have thought something similar in the past I would delicately pursue it, but otherwise I would not pursue in any way looking into whether there was something shady in my past in regard to my dad via a grandmothers off comment. Did I read that right? Why open a can of worms on a comment. Time really skews peoples perspective and (of coarse without know ing what was said it is hard to know) but maybe your GM views of things are...
I'll try to be clear in my discussion but there are so many dynamics that come into play. I think people can be all levels of addicts and whether or not they use a little or a lot is really of no circumstance (except when they really start to hit bottom and get arrested or lose jobs or lose families, etc...) So your friend who may or may not be an alcoholic, it seems is attending AA out of an obligation to the courts and at the same time has narrowed the scope of his...
Yeah, you ask what to do with a SIL like this? but from your post it is impossible to tell what she is like? Your email to her is very clear and well spoken. The only thing I would say is that this comment - A couple qualifiers: please no name-calling or rude comments, and don't bring up Frank (not his real name) and my relationship, because it's none of your business. - seems a little off. Like you are super sweet and caring and then all of a sudden your...