or Connect

Posts by aspenleaves

Okay so I haven't read all the responses but the gist is that people actually agree that the Grandma in question shouldn't have unsupervised visit. Are you kidding me????? Over a hair cut????? I think you PP's and OP who think this are going way, way too far with this. I can see haveing a sit down to discuss the boundary issues, but from what the OP said it isn't at all clear that you didn't want your DS's hair cut at all. And just because you don't want to...
I'm so in!!!! I have one beautiful easy going (fairly) 5 year old... my pregnancy was great as well as my birth. But still as things go I can't say I would ever choose to have another. Let me back peddle a little. I think the farther my little one gets away from babyhood the more likely I would be to have another one. Up until now I would never ever even consider it. Now I am way over the hill and had I had my first child in my twenties I may have had more than...
I have a couple of quick thoughts. I think there are many layers to what could be going on and without sitting in a therapists office with you for hours and hours I don't REALLY know, but here goes. In intimate love relationships that last long enough certain personality traits and past 'programs' pop up into life (that maybe you as his partner for only x number of years) has never seen. And he is not aware enough of himself that he is really treating you like some...
To tell you the truth I can't think of a reason other than safety... my mom still uses 'flicker' razors which are big and round and it is impossible to cut yourself shaving with them. I would look into those. The only other thing that comes to mind is thinking that just becasue someone is teased for something, like hairy legs it isn't in my opinion appropriate to 'give in' to the teasing and shave. I was teased for many things, boobs included. I wouldn't let my 7...
On connection. I think there are many reasons people connect. Some are obvious, like getting along, thinking someone is funny, or a combination of things. Other times I think it is more an energy thing. Here I think there can also be different levels of connection like vibrational energy, atrological connection, other dimensional connection.... and we in our regular mind just 'know' that something jives. I don't know that I would pursue this connection with a great...
I agree with JL83. I think the consequence of fixing what was disrupted can go a long way. But you have to be consistent. I once sat on the kitchen floor with my 3 year old for 20 minutes (it was just the tow of us home and she threw a toy at me) I told her she needed to pick it up and she absolutley refused. So I sat there with her (holding her some of the time so she wouldn't leave the room) and after 20 minutes I told her that if she didn't pick up the toy by the...
Well reasoning with someone who has a different parenting style would be akin to sticking needles in my eyes. I don't care to do it. The only person I have to reason with about parenting is my husband and I don't care for that much either, KWIM? I don't think there is a such thing as nicely washing a childs mouth out with soap. If I was posed this question I would honeslty laugh and say are you joking? Do you think you can do that nicely? And when they responded...
I guess I would do a little digging first. What IS the source of your connection if not romantic? Did you like the interaction you saw with him and your son? Do you share a similar world view? Do you just FEEL good to be around him? What is it? Then I would just cool it for at least another week or so and see if he responds. If not, in the next email just be casual but ask that he respond. Since he moved across the country and you say you didn't know him all...
I love that at our preschool if someone hits or is mean they are asked to go check on the other person. "let go see if Mary needs any help... how are you feeling Mary?" the other child can respond or if not maybe just add on "I bet that scared you or I bet that hurt".... etc.....
This is interesting. I can't imagine being in your shoes so I appologize in advance if my viewpoint seems calous to you. I don't agree with a PP who said you have as much right to have another baby and he has to deny it. UMMMM, not really. I think bringing another child into the world that your DH has clearly stated he does not want to care for - and it sounds to me that that medical issue is in the forefront, but to tell you the truth it sounds like he just doesn't...