or Connect

Posts by aspenleaves

Welcome to my home!!! My DH and I do not agree on the same way of dealing with issues and we do not agree on the need to discuss things. I am surprised I (or he) is still alive I get sooooo frustrated. To me your situation seems easy. Ask him why he chose a punitive method in that instant. Did he get frustrate? Did he act rationally, like an adult? or did he become part of the tantrum? If he get defensive and doesn't come clean (Yes I was frustrated and lost my...
This would be no brainer for me..... GO, GO, GO!!!
Oh boy do I remember those years and actually it was just around the 28 month mark that I remember feeling the same way. I have only a moment so in short my advice would be to find your boundaries and stick to them. Like if you decide at a certain point that you will do the dishes after this one game (or whatever) and your DS throws a fit because you are diverting your attention do it anyway. Like once you make your mind up what will be just stick to your guns and know...
Well I am anxious to hear what others will say. It doesn't sound like a great match. The main thing for me is that you have hired this gal and pay her and she denies your requests? I don't understand. A 15 month old may need to be rocked occaisionally ya know? So I think because of your position you will have to let go on some level and know that your DD will be OK. I know at that age my hormones were still so "on" that I would find it difficult to be in your...
I would tend to use a referral. THat is seek out someone you know or someone you know who knows someone you know and find out what they think. The best therapy that I have received has come via this... not just a cold call to an office. Do some online searches, look in your states MDC forum and ask for a referral, etc.... I would also have a short list of criteria that you can ask a new therapist as to how they work and what they can offer. I think it is a mistake...
Basically I think you would have to specifically say the other children weren't invited and that may come across as rude. The reason I say this is because at my DD's recent birthday we invited lots of friends her age. One friend has an older sister who we invited becasue my DD loves her. She happened to say she would come and then on that day went with another friend to another event. Some of the other children have older siblings that we see or don't depending on the...
I'm a little confused. Mamazee are you refering to something I wrote?
The situation sounds incredibly trying. My little brother was like this and mother struggled for many years. It sounds totally like a personality thing that may just have to run its coarse. Since you said you have tried all the obvious ways of getting her to comply, what about letting her watch TV after the routine and she is in bed? (This would be a big no no in my house but really after what you have described I'd let my dd do it.) Or an actually bribe? I know I am...
Hmmm, the part I don't like is that after your dd was down he kicked her in the chest. Like the whole tumbling over each other to get what they want is totally okay (even if there was pushing), but the deliberate kick to the other child is not okay. My DD when she was 4.5 did know that this was wrong and was not okay. Yes, I know that impulse control is the issue. After he screamed no in my face I would not have asked him to go to his room. I would tell him to. ...
Hard to say... I just boil dried elderberries for 30 minutes, squish to extract the juice and add honey. It only costs a couple of dollars for several cups of liquid.