or Connect

Posts by aspenleaves

Hmmm, I am actually not a very compassionate person. I suppose it is on the list of virtues I would like to improve upon and incorporate more into my life, but I'm not at all sure this situation calls for compassion. As well, I don't feel sympathy is in order either. I think these parents have made very specific choices... albeit different than ones I would make, but sympathy isn't in my radar. I'm not so sure my feelings were overtly 'negative', but even if they...
My DH bought a similar product... real juice ice pops. He was so proud of himself since I had nixed the old ones with lots of corn syrup. I find the new kinds to be, well not so good. I don't fuss about them and we do keep a stack in the fridge but DD is limited to 2 a day, and of coarse we go days without any but when she eats one, she can have only one more. Anyway, I think they are still loaded with food dyes which arent' great... right? and some sugar too. I...
My DD had some accidents well after she was potty trained. My mother would always say, don't worry accitdents are normal. That said I think the accidents my DD had were normal. She did it on two different occaisions that lasted maybe a month, maybe six weeks. Sometimes the accidents were daily, sometimes not. Never at night time. I actually think night time bedwetting is considered quite different than accidents during the day. Anyway, I would not do the cold...
I agree with EMS. That is an excellent way to give your body a boost without cleansing.
I think it is definetely hormonal. I don't know how normal it is but if it were me I would wait it out (maybe 2 or 3 more months) unless it gets really bad. Then I would get my thyroid checked. I think that your hormones can ping pong around a little and so if you go get checked right away there may be an issue where as maybe your body can figure it out on its own. If the symptoms continue I would seek the advice of a natural/homeopath with the intent of checking...
I guess scant is relative. For my child I allow her to eat when she is hungry. There is food available to her whenever she wants it. She is not allowed to eat junk whenever she wants, but I don't enforce mealtimes so much as making healthy choices. I can see where getting older and having more structure in the day could mean eating more at mealtimes is necessary. Maybe this is the case here. Since I only have one child this is my first trip around... I think there...
I guess I put that info in because it presented the situation as it is. I guess I can also continue to try and clarify since some folks seem to have taken offense to my inquiries. I have no judgment toward people who live simply. I myself live more simply than some, not so simply to others. I do not give my child 'whatever she wants' nor do allow her to rummage through cabinets full of junk food. I don't know how inquiries regarding providing enough food for...
I think if you post in the childhood years you may get more traffic on your question. I wouldn't worry too much about any of it. I think if a fever lasts a long time (like more than 4 or 5 days) you are 'supposed' to go see a doctor. As well if the fever goes about 103. Personally I give my child a homeopathic decongestant before bedtime to help her sleep and help her not cough herself awake. Also, I have given her a fever reducer so she can get some sleep while...
I don't know about the things already mentioned here, but from what I have always heard is that you should never do a cleanse when you are nursing. The reason being that if stir up the toxins in your glands (liver etc) then they WILL end up in the milk. I nursed my babe for almost 4 years and I never did a cleanse because I was affraid to for this reason. I also know a mom who did do a cleanse becasue she was like "I am so doing this cleanse" even though her little one...
Hi there, I don't know that I really know too much about chronically sick babies, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents. It seemed odd to me what you were describing about your babe until I read about the antibiotics. Again, I may not know the best advice but I would guess that if anitbiotics are in the mix you poor little babe is just reeling from them. I was going to say maybe there was a low grade allergen in the home or food that just annoy's the baby enough to...