or Connect

Posts by aspenleaves

Go for number 3... I have a firm belief in what is meant to be. If it is 'in the flow' you will get what you want even if the odds are small. Also, don't forget - what is yours will come to you -. If option 3 doesn't work then maybe some other option will show itself to you.... one better than the 3 options you face now. I wouldn't waiste too much time over thinking it.... that only creates stress and you can get in your own way that way.
Thanks Tanya-Lopez.... I use to take sellenium, but for some reason stopped. I think I have to upgrade my suppliment regime again. I am actually gluten and dairy free, now for 8 years... The more I read about bioidenticals and certain vitamin deficiencies the more I think I need to find the keys for me.... starting with armour instead of synthroid seems like a good place... Thanks for your advice.
Hey there... I am new here. I just heard about Armour bioidentical thyroid hormone... I have been on synthroid for 15 years. Is it worth the expense $300+ dollars for me to go to my kids natural doc to switch over to Armour. I do think I have deficiencies in my diet or something... 45 can't feel this bad, can it?
I don't know, but what I do know I'll post. I used to have 'functional cysts' and the way they were described to me were that a cyst would form on the ovary and then it would pop or disintigrate. This would occur like my cycle. Not every month, but sometimes worse than others. And it would not show up in tests because I was never tested the day or two or three that I had the worst pain... I would always have to wait for the test and the cyst would not be there...
Okay, okay so I have reflected more closely all the reasons I have posted here on this thread. What I have come up with is this. I don't think the parents are abusers. From what I have experienced and witnessed I think they are super, super minimalists. It surprises me how minimal someone would choose to live. I am all for a simple life but am far, far away from this super minimal stuff.... no tv - okay, not many toys - hmmmm I don't know, no computer - not so much. ...
I really appreciate all the responses and encouragement to process this in a healthy way. I suspect after reading all of these posts that I have been viewing the whole scenario through the narrow lense of my own experience. Even though I think I stretch myself to see things in different ways I don't think I was stretching very far. I do admire this family for some reasons and am quite sure they are not neglectful to a dangerous degree. I will try and appreciate the...
OH and one more thing. I actually don't care that these children eat our food. I am happy to provide them whatever they want. Some of it is maybe more child friendly than not but most is your standard whole food, non preservative choices like fruits and veggies (striaight from the garden), milk, cheese, bagels, etc... Half the time I would like to send them home with a sack lunch but I knwo theire mom will make them throw it away - like cheese sticks and pistachios...
So lots of good posts here. I actually don't see an issue with living simply. I do not "have a gaming system, drink soda, watch Disney, and wear everything Hanna Montana" either. In fact we do none of these things. I would classify us as living outside the mainstream too. I can see where I could simplify my life if I chose to, but I don't really wnat to simplify anymore than I already have. That is why I don't understand my visceral reaction. I am a live or let...
The throwing away the candy measuring tool for waste is very large. My original post was that the bag of candy at the end of the night, irregardless of what it contained or how much it contained got thrown away. There is no picking through to save your favorites, or putting 2 pieces aside for the next day, it was described to me as a ritual of Halloween. I think they even have a certain amount of time on Halloween to eat what they can and then the buzzer goes off and...
Okay, so I mentioned in another thread of a family I know who chooses to live very differently than I. I am envious sometimes and sometimes furious. I don't know why I have such visceral reaction and so maybe you smart ladies can liberate me from my narrow thinking. This family (3 children ages 11, 9 & 5) have one parent work and have almost no $. The sahp could work and is educated (quit a 6 figure job to stay at home), but stays at home instead (the children are...