or Connect

Posts by aspenleaves

Well I too throw out some of the candy. The stuff my DD would break her jaw on or the really sticky - can't get it off her teeth stuff. But I can't see throwing away all the Halloween candy because you don't want your kids eating any of it. Like I said, why trick or treat then? If you wan the fun of dressing up and going out, why not give your neighbors something? or just not take the candy or just take the really choice pieces for your one night binge! Frankly I...
So I have read in several threads about how others 'do' candy at Halloween or at other times. It is so interesting to read about others ways. I always learn so much. Anyway, I am trying not to be too judgemental in any of my friendships and acquaintences but one friend recently told me that she allows her children to eat all the candy they want on Halloween night and then they throw it away. I found myself being so irritated by this. Like why even trick or...
OMG, of coarse you are not alone.... there are thousands of us out there..... so cut to 3 years from now.... I have a 5 year old DD and am in a better place than I was when she was 2 (that is how old yours is, right?). Okay, for now I have the same story you have.... before baby I was healthy, vibrant, a conscious eater, fit, etc.... post baby.... well you know. So now at 5 years ppdm I actually own a treadmill and use it.... I have lost 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks...
I can sympathize with your DH as the SAHP, knowing how trying it can be sometimes.... but didn't you say she just started kinder? So he is not home all day with her right? He does have some down time? This should help a lot, but if he has no down time, he needs it. And yes, it sounds like starting kinder has triggered some emotional behavior.... it does not sound balanced to me that she is melting down for over an hour over what you mentioned. My 5 year old dd...
Upon further explanation I find that the child (in the 70's) contracted the polio virus from 'unclean standing water' while in Mexico.... does this sound correct? I don't know if the person in question has some other syndrome or not I am going on what I have been told.... it just freaked me out a little to think that a child playing in water got polio and is now wheel chair bound for life.... can this still happen? I appreciate all of the responses and my mind is eased...
I am the mama of a totally unvaxed 5 year old DD. I have waivered in my decision to not vax before for different reasons but always have stood by my original instincts to not vax.... until.... I just met a family who's daddy is in a wheelchair from polio becasue his mom didn't vax the kids and he got polio (sometime in the early to mid seventies?) I was also told that your unvaxed child can get polio from a recently vaxed child.... Can someone help me work...
I can sympathize you having to deal with such negativity about your parenting choices.... that is difficult. It sounds like you took the high road, though so But I do disagree with your statement that your baby is so well behaved and secure because of the way you parent. I am totally serious. It is because of your baby's temperment coupled with your parenting choices (maybe). I say this because there are plenty of AP kids out there who are less secure and relaxed...
I defienetly know what your talking about.... I have a 5 year old DD. A few things to remember..... for us the half year to the next year up, say 3.5 to 4 is always much harder then the previousl 6 moinths. I think this is beacuse of growing and having to reconfigure everything to accomodate the new skills and challanges with behavior. We always take 2 steps forward 1 step back - the oh, I thought we were already DONE with this. And it isn't how loud you say...
I too would guess growing pains. My dd has them and so do some of our friends... I am interested in the diary intolerance link too.... I wouldn't guess this is the case with every case of growing pains, but maybe there is a link. Personally unless there is an issue with other things related to her legs I would not go see the doctor/ but I guess there isn't much I would go see the doctor for anyway.
To answer your question "Are you using the depression as an excuse to walk away?" actually doesn't make a lot of sense to me since you preceeded it by saying you aren't depressed anymore. It sounds more like now that you have had a 'clear' head for awhile you are seeing things differently then in the past and that includes the possibility of divorce. I have no idea if you should get divorced or not, but I do think from your post you are searching for a way out. There...