or Connect

Posts by aspenleaves

I agree with everything Natural Minded Mama said... and I further the 'just be direct' approach. I would avoid doing the comparisson thing, like telling her about the inequity. I would just ask that she be availabel to your dd. I think it is a tough situation, like how gross your FIL came on to you.... and your MIL is willing to still live with him....ick. Also, you don't know what your FIL has told her about you and how utterly embarrased MIL probably is. Also,...
Oh okay I remember more now. ON the bedtime thing... I have never been able to hand that off becasue of the inadequate results. I am so tired of the bedtime routine but continue to do it because sleep in my opinion is one of the best coping tools.... enough sleep = better behavior all the way around. As far as tv.... I so wish my dh 'used' the tv differently than he does, but I have let go. If for the 1 or 2 hours he has dd at night (before my bedtime routine...
Interesting thread.... I definetely don't regret having my dd, but any of my friends who have no children who ask me what I think I tell them NO!!!! don't do it. Of coarse I go into detail and explain things, but wow having kids and being dedicated to them is sooooo incredibly challenging. On the how to regain your sanity quesitons... I think you have to make choices based on everyones needs, not just your kids. Going back to work and putting them in care is an...
I don't think it is too much... I think a great many people put too much emphasis on whether you should or shouldn't watch TV. Do what feels right for you. I think every child responds differently to tv and every family has different needs. My dd sometimes watches a lot of tv and sometimes doesn't. I have never really restricted her... we have no tv issues, no emotion surrounding the tv, this strategy works for us. I am lucky in that I do not have a kid who zones out...
Well it sounds like you are getting some good advice... I particularly like ExuberantDaffodil's advice. I would stop the "I do more" contests that seem to be the fuel for you and your DH's fights. I know it is difficult to do, but can you not take it personally when he complains about things. It is really his issue. I try and comply with my Dh about how the house is done... I think it is fair that he be happy in his space too. I think it is unreasonable for...
Yes, by all means he needs to be in bed earlier. Not because of the actual bed time, but because he needs to sleep as long as his little being needs to sleep. I can't even ever imagine (really) waking a 3.5 year old up. I mean once in a great while for an early airport departure or something, but daily for school??? No way, I cherish my Dd's sleep time. I would move his bedtime back by 15 or 20 minutes and see what time he wakes up... and continue doing that say every...
There is no question that you should not under any circumstances go
This is all very interesting.... I have only one child who is 5 and it seems I also have a very low tolerance for sibling play. Its funny but we have one friend, who now that her 3 year old sib is old enough to play with her (I guess since she is bigger herself and can hold her own), the mom seems to want to have both girls come over whenever we invite the 5 year old... hmmm, I don't care for this. The playdate is hugely different in dynamics and I don't really ever want...
www.uptoten.com is our fav of all favs
The ONLY thing you can reasonably do is lead by example. Asking him to use some discretion in overtly eating sweets or junk before say 3pm? or whatever your lowest tolerance is.... and keep his cabinet of junk seperate.