or Connect

Posts by sisteeesmama

personally it would be taste that drove me to trash it.
Anyone want to lay out their parenting style? I would love to see how others describe their personal philosophies and ideals if anyone wants to share! If the thread takes off I will share mine, too
Quote: Originally Posted by journeymom And I think young parents need to learn to separate their own feelings from their child's experience, when it comes to getting a phone call or getting a gift. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. Personally, I don't feel sad on my dd's behalf, for the most part she knows no better. What makes me sad, in our family, is that no one considers anything other that the memory, it's as if they are...
I was hoping to get more from this thread, but for some reason none of the explanations have hit the nail on the head for me. I am more recently considering these issues as dd is just now 2 and up until now I was more in the "mothering-a-baby-mode". Now that she is much more able to understand me and also to listen to me when I tell no I have been trying to figure out the balance. I don't want to let her run the house but one of my best parent/coping mechanisms is...
Quote: Originally Posted by bebebradford Are you saying relatives don't want to call on your babe's birthday or get the babe gifts for holidays?? If that's the case.... Sometimes people need to realize that doing stuff for infants,etc.. is also doing something nice for their PARENT. It makes ME thrilled when someone does something for my kids.. even if they won't remember it. Yep, this is what I'm saying in a nut shell. My dd's godmother...
It's interesting that practically everyone mentioned babies in all of their examples. My dd is 2 and a very verbal, aware 2 at that, yet I am still getting the "she-is-too-young-to-remember" excuses from my family. I think it's so sad. Like a pp said it's about the experience, we have no guarantees in life, heck, I don't remember a lot of things we did when I was a child. And my mom thinks it was a ll a waste of time since I don't remember it. I also agree with...
This is a common argument in my family when certain members are wanting to avoid anything from calling on a birthday to gifting for Christmas to going to Disney World. How do you feel about this argument and o you use it to avoid doing certain things with your kids?
Quote: Originally Posted by APToddlerMama It sounds like your mom is pretty manipulative and controlling. I'm sad to hear you're questioning yourself because of her. I know how that feels. Spending a lot less time with my mom has actually improved my self esteem a lot and made me a happier person. Your confidence and feelings about yourself can get clouded when you always have someone telling you that you're wrong or that nobody else feels that way, as...
3 Eggs with ham cooked in butter w/ avocado and sriracha sauce. cheese and pepperoni and ham with an apple cut up. for dinner: lamb curry with potatoes in coconut milk and buttered spaghetti squash and buttered broccoli
Quote: Originally Posted by elleystar Could you find out the brand of that milk and cream? I'm curious! Sounds similar to milk I used to be able to buy at Hy-Vee before we moved. I can ask her, I think she said Farmer's Milk or something, I'll try and find out. She lives in the South.