or Connect

Posts by sisteeesmama

Quote: Originally Posted by Mama2Kayla Yeah, but it's still better than Tyson. Also those natural chickens don't have broth injected inside-yuck! PP~ I think for Walmart, that's awesome!! although, I'm pretty sure the Louanne coconut oil is hydrogenated. How bad would it be if it were hydrogenated? should she not buy it? I am ignorant in this area, I have been buying mine from Vitamin Cottage for a while now, since I started using it. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by tarasattva I love the fact that you were asking to glean goodness from other people's perspective in your other thread. You sound like an amazing Mommy! Good luck and I'll be subscribing to hear other people's wisdom! awww, that is SO nice....I dunno know if it's true, but it's nice none-the-less! Thank to you both and I will look up all those books at the library!
Awhile back I posted about a girlfriend who was going to be shopping at WALMART and while she has been finding a lot at the Farmer's Mkt she has still had to shop at the WALMART for some certain things. some products she found but wondered about: "natural" pepperoni that is nitrate free but by Hormel I think she said. coconut oil by LouAnne, I think. She said the container doesn't say much about the oil itself except that it is solid at room temp....
My grandma would get one of those much smaller living trees that is potted and decorate that with lights and ornaments and set it on a table. It was really cute yet still little and containable. Maybe that helps, I dunno.
I don't love toddler-hood as much as I loved baby-hood or imagine I will love older ages. If you do love toddler-hood, tell me why, maybe I will glean some goodness from you. If you don't, tell me and maybe I will relate!
The title pretty much says it all! I always knew toddlerhood would be hard for me, and it is. I love that she is a VERY verbal just-2, but also....she is a v.e.r.y.v.e.r.b.a.l. just-2, y'know?! She knows what she wants and will tell you all about. She does not accept no as an answer, which is fine, I ignore her if she melts down until she is ready to accept my comforting. But it is really mentally and emotionally exhausting to me at the same time. So please tell...
Quote: Originally Posted by kdtmom2be I have been very clear with DD that it is not ok to yell at mommy and that she needs to ask quietly and politely if she would like me to do something. She still yells sometimes and she can still be quite demanding, but it has helped a LOT. This is hard. DD does this too. Lately I've been telling her to please only ask once, that sometimes I have heard her but can't answer right away, and that if I don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Italiamom My least favorite Christmas memory: the presents. I was disappointed every year. Looking back, it was because we didn't have a lot of money. My parents weren't poor, but it was just never in the budget to have the latest toy. My mom would try and find something similar that was cheaper. But when I went back to school after the vacation, I never really mentioned what I got. And I shudder now to think of my...
Quote: Originally Posted by Boot I would say that it's fine to make up your own traditions and your child won't suffer however you might find yourself getting stressed if others don't respect your ideas. I would suggest a compromise i.e. Only have a Christmas Stocking (the best bit in my opinion) and if anyone wants to contribute to that fine. Accept gifts but open them on another day like Boxing Day (the 26th) or new years eve Have one gift every day...
dd has had a baby doll for about a year, she is 2, but she just got one for her birthday that cries and laughs and kicks it legs and arms and she is REALLY into her, loves her, feeds her, holds her and puts her in her grocery cart to bring her "Shopping". It's really cute.