or Connect

Posts by sisteeesmama

Quote: Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife Good point. Not saying she isn't capable of taking good care of your LO, but what if something that made her uncomfortable did happen... would she tell you about it? I just don't see the need. Even when we lived close to both sets of grandparents the only time a 2 yr old stayed with them w/o a parent was when we needed care. Spending the night for fun - doesn't even sound very fun for a 2 yo, IMO. They...
My dd turned 2 recently and it has alsmo been like night and day this change in her attitude. She is very bossy when she wants to be, mind you not all of the time t all, but when she is she just is and it is terrible. She is also not shy to yell at mommy or demand something. Now I know this is age appropriate but it doesn't make it easier to handle ! I have never been a yeller, we don't spank and the only punishment I do, that I never thought I would(!), is...
Our day goes pretty much the same each weekday. I never thought I would want a schedule, but dd honestly needs one to feel good so there we are. In the AM we wake up and eat if she wants to, it can take her hours to eat breakfast. I let her watch a show or two on PBS, she usually bops around doing her own thing, drinking milk, playing with toys, asking me a million questions etc. Then we get ready for toddler time at the library which happens at different Libraries...
Quote: Originally Posted by karemore At that age I wouldn't make her responsible for your DHs feelings. Telling her she's hurting his feelings isn't really helpful at that age. I'd have him act like he doesn't care when she says things like that. Have him say "that's OK (insert knickname) I have enough love for both of us." Or something similar. If he stays calm and positive and assures her he still loves her, it will help her understand it's OK to...
I just re-organized dd's drawers last night and got rid of some stuff that didn't fit anymore and also stuff that didn'tmatch anything else. Now she has about 6 outfits that are nice-ish, 10 outfits that are comfy/playclothes, 5 dresses, 4 pairs of tights, 4 pairs of shoes and about 12 pairs of socks. And also 2 coats and 4 hoodies and 3 cardigans. That is a good amount for her I think.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cherry Alive I personally can't think of a good reason to leave a child that young overnight at anyone else's home—unless it was an emergency or a formal event where I desperately needed a baby sitter. However, if I was considering letting my LO spend the night at a sex addict's house, I would be asking this person more about the nature of their addiction. "Sex addiction" can mean anything from infidelity to running an...
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 No, especially since you don't know them well enough to know the details. I mean, I don't know that this is accurate. I would say that on the whole I dont feel like my parents are very forth right or open people, but I do know them as much as anyone, I think. I don't think anyone knows the details except for maybe my mom, my step-dad, his therapist and the people in his group.
Quote: Originally Posted by madskye No, I wouldn't leave a 2 year old alone or overnight in a sex addicts house. There is no way to be certain that you truly know all the details of their addiction. People usually keep the really ugly stuff to themselves so if this is what you know...what you don't know might be much more disturbing. Or it might not--but that's not a chance I would take with my child. This is what I'm concerned about. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife I'd probably not let her stay the night - but it has more to do with the fact that she is 2. Does she really need to have sleep-overs? She can still visit with people during the day and go home to sleep. And TBH, unless I needed childcare, or these were grandparents we're talking about, I don't see the need to send my toddler somewhere w/o me, anyway. But that's just me, YMMV. Sex addiction, like others...
My dd is 2. Someone she really oves and likes to be around is in treatment for sex addiction and I don't know the specifics surrounding this. Should I be alarmed? Would you let your dd stay the night there?