or Connect

Posts by sisteeesmama

Thanks for all the responses, I will pass everything on to her! I went to the Walmart to look around and really see what they had and discovered pretty good chickens like a p said. My friend doesn't do PB, but Walmart did have a few choices in that department. Where she lives is not very progressive with the backyard chickens or anything, plus they are not allowed in city limits either. The FM does not sell the either. They do have good prices on veg. so she will...
It depends on my rleaionships with each family and the age of the child but like a pp said under 10 probably the family A situation and over 10 probably the family B situation. is this a real life thing? if so I hope you would reconsider leaving a young child with people who you know would leave them to CIO or would spank them if that is a real thing that could/would happen
she has to let her raw milk go because she literally only has $100/week right now and her milk share is an hour and half away plus it costs $60/mos so the gas combined with the monthly price is too much. She said they could go dairy free if they needed to.
My girlfriend has been doing TF with me and as I learn things I pass them on to her. She is about 1/2 TF and I have been impressed with her changing and wanting to incorporate more. Well her boyfriend, who she lives, lost his job and they have two kids, one income and have to cut their grocery bill WAAAAAY back. They don't qualify for food stamps either, so. She is going to start shopping at Wal-mart and was asking me what she prioritze on her grocery list if that's...
Tiffani~ My last comment was directed to the poster who I quoted, not Tigerchild. And I would say that MDC has taught me just how important it is do everything you were saying about assuming the poster is posting with love. I do that. But I do think there are times where members can be condescending to "newbies". I don't like that. (I don't even like the term newbie....) And it's easy to write something out in a semi-snarky tone and then say, "Hey, I was just...
[QUOTE=RedOakMomma;14690978]Tigerchild, I agree with the person that said you had a BTDT tone...if it came off as snarky, it might be because the "called to" term so often has reeeeeeeeally bad attitudes attached to it. OP, you might not have known that, but "called to" adopt situations are often looked at very critically. Tigerchild wouldn't be the only one here to raise an eyebrow, or to maybe probe your intentions...she's just the one who did it first. Welcome to...
Wow, that was TMI about the raw milk....it's gonna take me some time to gt over that! I don't think she would go for raw milk but she already said she would look for raw cheeses. She might do bone broth in the crockpot. I think for her just the idea of eating more meat/fats and less grains(versus soaking) would be the extent for her and a big deal for now. I think I will just give her a book and talk about it whenver she brings it up...
Breakfast for me~ 2 eggs cooked in butter with a small amount of grits that have corn and cheese and butter and cream in them. 2 pieces of bacon. whole small avocado slice don top, salsa, cheese grated over. DD B~ dried cranberries, pistachios and blueberries.....hey, it's all she would go for I know it;s probably going to mean meltdowns though! Be back to update! Lunch for me~ fresh moz., tomato and basil salad....I know its not seasonal but I really wanted...
Yeah, that's a good idea about making it. If I told her she could just blend up a carton of yogurt with some milk and honey and keep that in the fridge she would go for that, she is frugal. Thanks all!
Quote: Originally Posted by mama_miiteg hmm, when I read Tigerchild's post, I immediately thought "this person knows a lot about this topic" and also "this person seems to be annoyed with the OP" I'm not involved in this community, and so likely I'm missing some of the norms about how posters interact in this specific subforum, but as an outside observer, this was my impression. It was tone, not content. I do read this forum a lot. I love...