or Connect

Posts by Mama2Rio

Thanks for replying all! We have been getting better this week. Monday was a bit rocky but today and yesterday she was great after school. It is a lot of adjusting for her. DH and I have pulled back on the questions of "what did you do at school?...." and letting her talk about what/when she wants to, not right wen she gets into the car. She even asked me to come into her classroom to help out today! which she was telling me she didn't want me to help out a few days ago.
DD1, mostly easy going kid, just started kindergarten last week, and since the first day she's become difficult to talk to and uncooperative. we didn't do preschool and i was on the fence to homeschool, but DH wouldn't agree to it. so we found this great school with half days. it's less then 4 hours a day m-thr and less than 3hrs on fri. she loves school, from what i can get out of her. She asks "is it time to leave yet?!" about 20 times before we go. She's great at...
Everyone's body has different needs, so it's more important you follow those needs and you'll be healthier for it. I know your question is about dairy but I can answer your question. i'm an ovo-veg, maybe 2-3 eggs a week. I know when i need them for energy and i feel a difference with what my body needs. Both my kids have dairy allergies and since i've been off dairy a lot of my congestion goes away. I've been 100% vegan on and off, but I know my body needs the...
my 4 yr old can be picky at times. not sure, but it might be a power struggle with us. what has worked for us is: taking her shopping and asking her to pick out 2 or 3 produce items she would like to eat that week. have her help in the kitchen. ask her what veggies she would like to eat with dinner. giving her more power over what's for dinner. let her stir and chop with supervision. let her help herself. let her take the amount she thinks she's going to eat. we...
i have always been very small. my mother says i was 35" and 25 lbs going into kindergarten. the dr was pushing my parents to have me on growth hormones and to have all kinds of tests done at yale; and after research, they refused both. i was growing but never on the charts. i'm now 5', but basically it comes down to genetics. after my grandfather died, we were going through his stuff and i found out my great-grandfather was only 5'2". just small people. if you have more...
no advice, just came here for the same reason, so i can relate. 4 year old DD has been sick non-stop since she weaned in october, almost a year ago. i just want this kid to not be sick. while nursing she never had a cold. and i can't get her to drink any of my milk even from a glass, i've tried. last week she had the start of a uti, it seems to have cleared up with lots of cranberry and green tea.   now she's been running a low grade fever for 2 days, started with a...
I'm looking to get DD1 a new seat for my parent's car. The car is a 1997 BMW 5-searies, no latch or top tether.   she's 4 yrs old, about 38" and 28-30lbs depending on what she's wearing. I need to keep cost around or under $100 if i can. I would like the seat to last until she's about 8. I also need the car seat to be lightweight for traveling. basically it's going to be a backup seat used about 1-3 times a week.   Right now, she's in a combi and has about 1/2"...
 i'm usually holding her more reclined on the prefold when she goes pee. i know when she's about to go sometimes because she'll stop nursing and kind of push back a little. .I was thinking about making a belt for her. i just know she waits until i put a cover on her before she poops, just have to work on catching a poop over the toilet or potty. she doesn't like to go upright her back to my chest when she goes.
DD2, she's 3 months, second time round with EC, but i'm starting a bit younger. DD is mostly diaper free at home and has been since birth. here's where we're at:   she fusses a lot before she has to go, but she won't let me catch in a potty or jar. usually i have her over a prefold to catch, but not "wrapped up". however, she'll fuss and fuss when she has to poop, but won't go unless i put her in a prefold with a cover. she is also dry for hours at night, which is...
Baby girl to be named has arrived yesterday May 7. weighing in at 7lbs 8oz, 20". Water birth at home! :)